Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • BPW Weather Watch
  • jjprestidge
    Free Member

Booked in for an uplift day on Sunday. Do you lot reckon it will be open again by then?

Cheers,

JP

somouk
    Free Member

I think it will be, they had some snow in the last couple of days and are scheduled some tomorrow again I think but tend to have it cleared pretty quick.

sam_underhill

Same here, but for Saturday.
    I’ve been before in freezing conditions, I think that as long as there’s no issues with the fire road and it’s not a complete ice rink everywhere on the trails they’ll open.
    But it does look like more snow through Thursday and temperatures hovering around freezing afterwards. Might well be shut for a few days. 😭

P-Jay
    Free Member

50/50 I’d say.

I know they’ll open if the uplift road is clear, even if the trials have snow on them. It’s fun, but a bit slidey.

Worst bit is going from very bright clear bits to very dark wooded bits.

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Cheers.

Wondering what the trails are like in the snow – can’t imagine the technical stuff would be much fun, with hidden rocks, etc under the snow.

JP

P-Jay
    Free Member

Wondering what the trails are like in the snow – can’t imagine the technical stuff would be much fun, with hidden rocks, etc under the snow.

It was a few years ago and not during the ‘Beast from the East’ last year (I think they closed for most of that) but when I rode in the snow most of the tech stuff is in the woods where there’s hardly any snow, just frost. The dodgiest bits were on the faster blue and red bits in the open. The downhill bit from the top to Terry’s Belly for example is usually uneventful, but you soon realise that it’s actually pretty fast and a bit of an eye opener to arrive at a berm wondering if it’s going to be clear, snowy or icy.

Oh and as above, that day was completely clear, so with the snow it was very very bright in the clear, but as soon as you got to the woods of course it’s still a winter sun so it gets dark in a few metres, a lot quicker than your eyes can adjust.

Fun times.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘BPW Weather Watch’ is closed to new replies.