• This topic has 22 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Bossnut V2
  • iainc

Reading that review on the home page has got me thinking about one for junior. He is 14 and is outgoing his Cube HT, so I was looking at a Cube 120HPA in a few months time.

On paper that Bossnut looks a cracking deal for a grand.

Any thoughts ?

I know the previous version had issues with shock clearance…

(mediums are out of stock…)

jekkyl

That price is very attractive. I’m thinking get a CC on 0% and pay off over 6 months. Even my wife said it was cheap! I might have to build a new bike store to accomodate my growing collection, lol.

iainc

^^^^ yes, it’s a solid spec and the first look stuff indicates sorted geometry. So if it’s put together right, and the clearance issue is sorted, it look a very good option

jekkyl

it’s no Cotic though 🙁

iainc

^^^ Yeah, but I have one of them already 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

I saw the test bike in the flesh (oooh, get a load of me) and to my untrained eye it looked way more than a £999 bike.

If I didn’t already have a bike it would very much appeal to my inner tight-wad as long as I didn’t have to wear matching enduro flavour clothing. I’d stick a dropper on it though. A cheap one, obviously.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Dirt gave it a pretty glowing review not long back and is worth a watch

Dirt Review

iainc

^^^^ yes, If I get one for junior, I’ll be looking out for a cheap external dropper too…

The RSP Plummet one is in my basket 🙂

cookeaa

I have to admit I’ve been eying it up too lately, I think the last of the V1’s were reduced for a period when the V2 came out, So if a V3 is likely to come out later in the year might a similar reduction on the V2 occur?

It’s a lot of bike for the money and is definately starting to tempt me away from my plan to assemble a 29er HT over winter…

I’d be bunging my current 1×10 ring/expander plus my dropper straight on it, maybe my Zee shifter and it would be pretty much ready to roll…
    My old bike could then just be flogged straight on with whatever bits are on it, in terms of a minimum fuss bike swap it’s pretty ideal…

it’s no Cotic though 🙁

Yup, meaning people can actually afford it… 😉

prawny

Apart from the clearance issue my V1 was a great bike to ride. I still find myself looking at the V2s and the Beastnut.

Maybe when the V3 comes out with stealth routing and a thru axle I’ll have another look. Having to stick with a hardtail at the moment because of a lack of funds.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’d be interested in a Beastnut if they do another un of them, the Bossnut spec, although brilliant value for £999, has too many bit’s I’d want to swap sooner rather than later (mostly expensively the fork).

gra

Was just looking at these last night as my first full sus, look great on the DIRT video. Unfortunately no Beastnuts or medium Bossnuts left so now looking at Canyon.

iainc

^^^ Canyon Neuron AL 6 is also on my list for junior, as it’s a close contender in spec.

prawny

They’ll do more of the Bossnut so I wouldn’t kill the idea off, the beastnut was a limited run but the normal ones will come in waves so just keep an eye out. They kept the old one in production for 2 and a bit years so there’s plenty of life left in the new one.

iainc

^^^ yes, I would agree with that. Mailed them earlier re availability.

bruceandhisbonus
    Free Member

I’d love to hear some more reviews from anyone who gets a Bossnut V2. I was tempted with the last one until I read about problems on here but it still sounded like awesome value for money. This new one seems even better.

iainc

Go – Outdoors got back to me saying they are expecting more in, but don’t know when

Northwind

If you were thinking of a medium it’d be worth swinging your leg over a large- it’s a little bit tall but not massively reachy or long

RustySpanner

Why don’t they do small sizes?
    Bit odd.

matt_outandabout

Why don’t they do small sizes?

Cost saving.

iainc

Northwind – Member
    If you were thinking of a medium it’d be worth swinging your leg over a large- it’s a little bit tall but not massively reachy or long

cheers, it’s for my 14yr old son, who is currently about 5ft 7,and I reckon he’ll be 5ft 10 by the time he’s 16…

Northwind

You are Macdonald Cycles, Edinburgh and I claim my £5

iainc

Eh ?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Bossnut V2’ is closed to new replies.