Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • borrowing friend's bike for alps – insurance?
  • mrplow
    Free Member

A friend may be borrowing my bike for a trip to the alps. My question regards the insurance of the bike. It will be travelling on his ticket etc and I suddenly wondered if it is insured properly. I currently have m and s contents and will as be travelling with my friend etc.

I am guessing he cannot insure the bike as he is not the owner?

Many thanks for your thoughts

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If he “buys” it from you and then “sells” it back then should be fine so long as he has insurance that will cover it.
    (I don’t work in Insurance)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

And as it’s a friend have the
    What if it snaps, breaks, dies, blows up conversation before it happens

Drac

Have you specified your bikes with M&S?

Ooops! Ah it’s the other way around then you either ask him to insure or he pays up.

mrplow
    Free Member

I was silly, I just need to buy extra baggage in my name, he can carry the bugger! I then have the direct link to it on my contents if required.

johnhe

Borrowing a bike for a UK trip is quite a straightforward thing, but I think it would be too much to expect anyone to lend me a bike for an Alpine trip. The risk of wrecking the bike is very high. Even if you don’t, each week in the Alps has at least a year’s worth of wear onto any bike I’ve taken there.

mrplow
    Free Member

I wrecked the same bike last year in the Alps – it is not a big deal on that front. :mrgreen:

bland

Yeah second that, the alps hammers bikes, I’d worry less about insurance than wear an tear!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah second that, the alps[b]Riders[/b] hammers bikes

All depends if it’s a suitable bike and what your doing with it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘borrowing friend's bike for alps – insurance?’ is closed to new replies.