Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bombers
  • gribble
    Free Member

Not a question of which fork Chuck Norris would use – that is an easy answer. (I really just wanted to use that ‘bombers’ in a posting title).

Question is would you spec a pair of bomber 44 RLO air forks, 140mm or RS Sektor Adj Travel Coil forks (120mm to 140mm). RS are circa £30 more expensive at CRC, adjustable height model.

Looking for a budget build, to go with QR wheels, as I am not keen to buy a whole new set of wheels for the bike (Trance X). Other option of course is cheapo Recon/Reba with 120mm travel.

Revs and Fox look too pricey, as once I have 15mm drop out I need a new wheel on the front.

gribble
    Free Member

Bumpiity Bump for the bored as anything Friday 5pm can’t come quickly enough crowd.

cheese@4p

Personally I would go for the travel adjust for climbing

mikewsmith
    Free Member

What travel do you have currently or what is it specced for.

If it’s 120 then the adjustable will probably be good. If not bombers!!

gribble
    Free Member

Thanks both. It is for a new build on a Trance X. The frame is circa 127mm travel, they are sold with a 120mm fork on the budget model, 125mm fox fork (specially made for Giant) on mid range and top end comes with travel adjustable Talas 140mm.

I wanted to therefore go 120+ but Recons only seem to go to 120, hence looking at slighlty longer travel options. Want it to be reliable and have heard very mixed reviews on Marzocchi – some very positive and others have had problems.

gonzy
    Free Member

i’ve got marzocchi forks on both of my bikes and had them on my previous ones too and i’ve never had any problems with them. my 66RC’s are about 7 years old and still feel like new although i’ve punished them and still not serviced them…my Z1 sport RV are the same. although marzocchi forks are heavier than their competitors the one thing i would say is that they are ultra reliable…having said that i do know that they had some reliability issues a few years ago as the company was changing hands but i think they’ve resolved those now.

gribble
    Free Member

Gonzy, thanks.

They do seem very good value at 200 roubles for a 140mm fork. I have a mate who says they are good for zero maintenance and I know he uses stuff properly, no car park posing.

I heard they can be sticky/notchy when new, but that then goes with use. They also come with a 3 year warranty now I believe, although I need to check.

tinsy
    Free Member

You can buy, new 140mm Bombers for £200…. mmmmmmm, just off to CRC. 🙂

tinsy
    Free Member

44 RLO, not in stock if that makes your decision easier OP.

gribble
    Free Member

Tinsy, thanks. Looks like Sektor is the choice then…

Shame, quite liked the look of the black bombers…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bombers’ is closed to new replies.