Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)
  • No Bomb at Liverpool Street – Cloth ears incident only
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

hope he’s wrong, I’d hate to think that numerous innocent people have been blown up piedi di formaggio would have a long ride home

Well, as a regular London Commuter I’m not going to let some terrorists stuff up my life and not go about my daily business. If there is ever a bomb or other terrorist activity at Liv St, then as I use it every weekday, then I guess that there is a chance that I’ll be caught up in it. There would no doubt be loss of life and that would be devastatingly terrible for all concerned, but we cannot allow terrorists to win. Their aim is to disrupt and terrorise, so I for one feel that what we as a nation must do is carry on as usual. We must not let them win.

So if there was a bomb there today and I was lucky enough not to be passing through at the time, then I carry on with my life, not letting some low life fundamentalist scum get in my way. If that means I ride home on the folder, so be it.

Still a sodding long way on a Brompton though!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yes, Andy is bringing all the stuff to make a little nest for me, Mrs Poddy is bringing meat, and WCA will be doing the BBQ.

What could possibly go wrong?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

I just called Radio 5 live.

How did the conversation go btw ?

Was their switchboard jammed, or did you get through quite quickly ?

TooTall
    Free Member

wwaswas

I heard Martians were invading when I walked past my sons bedroom yesterday.

It seemed odd that Richard Burton was announcing it but I had a good panic.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Haw Haw

grum
    Free Member

yossarian – Jesus would have taken the piss a little bit I reckon.

I’ll be perfectly honest though; I was very selfishly thinking this might put paid to my Quantocks trip this weekend.

I’m surprised you ever need to leave the mountain biking and cultural paradise of London.

yossarian
    Free Member

Liverpool Street earlier

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I’m surprised you ever need to leave the mountain biking and cultural paradise of London.

So am I!

No, it’s to please others, not myself. Cos that’s the sort of kind, selfless person I am. It’s nice for them to see me and enjoy my culturalness.

yossarian
    Free Member

not letting some low life fundamentalist scum get in my way

just ignore woppit

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Liverpool Street earlier

Can’t be – people are stopping to look. Nobody stops and looks in London, we just carry on as usual 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Mods – take the thread off maybe.

Please don’t 🙂

Dobbo

woppit listenig to Radio 5

nedrapier

Elfin, you might have a long trip to the Quantocks if you’re leaving from L’pool St.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

just ignore woppit

😆

Brilliantage.

Ned; I would obviously be travelling from Paddington to Twyford, where Andy is picking me up to drive down to the Qs, but if one major station in London has any serious incident, the others could all be evacuated and locked down within minutes.

avdave2

I once panicked when I heard on the radio that Earth was being attacked by Mars, so easily done.

He’s no Orson Welles is he though.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Well, in my defence – it’s a noisy postroom and we missed the segue. 😳

yossarian – Member

I don’t recall saying that? Can’t disagree with it, though.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You’re not really with it today, are you Woppit?

Best you have a little lie down really. You’ll feel better once you’ve rested.

Bin up all night watching Richard Dawkins and Pat Condell videos again? Tut tut…

Please don’t

No don’t, this is far too good an opportunity…. 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

MrWoppit
    Free Member

If you say so.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think Woppit would look quite fetching in that outfit. Lovely colour.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Fred. Arse. Shove. Bye.

thomthumb
    Free Member

why were you listening to 5 live. it’s like the daily mail!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No don’t, this is far too good an opportunity….

Oh come on, show a bit of christian mercy will you ? 😐

So anyway Woppit, what exactly did Radio 5 Live say when you phoned them up ?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I beg your pudding?

wwaswas

what exactly did Radio 5 Live say when you phoned them up ?

they probably just giggled.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Fred. Arse. Shove. Bye.

Oh no please don’t go 🙁

Torminalis
    Free Member

So anyway Woppit, what exactly did Radio 5 Live say when you phoned them up ?

Keep listening to R5L and you may find out, always makes good talk radio when you have a nutter on the line.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

…always makes good talk radio when you have a nutter on the line.

Do you think they put Woppit through live ? ………..how embarrassing 😐

iDave
    Free Member

this eclipses cutlery-al’s engineering thread

tonyd

mk1fan
    Free Member

On the 50th aniversary of the commencement of the second world war I turned on the TV at the point when the BBC News did a ‘Britain declares war on Germany’ newsflash style opening sequence to a documentary on the war.

I was, for a short while, concerned that we had gone back to war!

jon1973
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

cutlery-al

Lol 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

To be fair to Woppit, I initially believed him. I heard a similar thing too. Luckily I was nearby and could go to check it out. This image should explain the misunderstanding

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yup, easily done. Although a bomb going off at exactly the same the place as 7/7, and at exactly the same time as the 7/7 Inquest, would have shown Al Qaeda to have a remarkable sense of occasion.

Torminalis
    Free Member

I was talking about this to a mate the other day and we were wondering why nothing happened on the day of the royal wedding, we have not been boasted at about the prevention of some disaster (aside from a handful of anarchists pre-emptively struck), there were over a million people apparently.

We are at terror alert ‘Severe’ and not one minor terrorist incident on a day where a third of the planet was watching the centre of London. Would it fair to assume that no one actually wants to bomb the capital? Or is that naive?

jon1973
    Free Member

Would it fair to assume that no one actually wants to bomb the capital? Or is that naive?

Dunno, the level of security at the wedding probably had a lot to do with it I’d imagine.

It (the ‘threat’ that is) doesn’t stop me from doing anything, but I’m kind of glad I don’t work in London at the moment.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Dunno, the level of security at the wedding probably had a lot to do with it I’d imagine.

You can only do so much to police a million people, especially if one of them doesn’t mind dying. A minor bomb anywhere in the crowd would have had a disproportionate coverage and effect, I suspect Al Quaeda either do not have a great sense of occasion, or they are not quite as deadly and determined as we have been led to believe.

yossarian
    Free Member

anyway back to woppit…

🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 135 total)

The topic ‘No Bomb at Liverpool Street – Cloth ears incident only’ is closed to new replies.