Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Bodgemeisters – improvised cable clamp / stop
  • Garry_Lager

I cut off the resistance control cable from my turbo as it was doing my head in, getting in the way. The turbo now has no resistance.
    (I thought it would be ratcheted or something and didn’t realise it was under tension).

So, to rectify this cabbagery what I need to do is just tension the cable and then clamp it with something small that can rest against the end of the cable outer and act as a stop. What would fit the bill here? A simple nut and bolt would work in principle if it would stay tight, but better would be something with a hole in it to thread the cable through, and an orthogonal threaded hole to tighten a screw down onto it – any ideas on the appropriate bodge here?

nickjb
    Free Member

Electrical choc block?

scotroutes

Got an old 13 amp plug kicking around? Strip a pin out of that.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nut and bolt fine – not the easiest to tighten up tho.

regenesis
    Free Member

Cable end from an old brake?
    Seat post?

Garry_Lager

Thks all – I’ll try Scotroutes idea of a pin from a plug. Will be perfect if the wee screw can squash the cable.

I thought I could get a tandem cable, with a stop either end, to fix this, but there’s not really a good seat for the stop within the lever. The proper cable uses a small plastic sleeve at the end and slides into a groove.

timba
    Free Member
    JAG

You need what Timba linked to – a Solderless Nipple 🙂

scotroutes

Buying a specific item to do the job isn’t bodging.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Bodgemeisters – improvised cable clamp / stop’ is closed to new replies.