Home Forums Bike Forum Boardman Pro FS Sizing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Boardman Pro FS Sizing
  • Bucko

My mate is confused by the Boardman sizing. He had a day on a medium Giant Trance recently and loved it, so he’s decided he wants to buy a Boardman Pro FS while you can get them for under £1100. He is 5’11” which puts him firmly on the Large (19) according to the Boardman sizing chart. But the guy in Halfords is telling him that he needs a medium (18). He had a carpark test ride on a medium yesterday and still isn’t sure. They’re ordering in a large for him to try on the weekend but I’m still not convinced that he’ll be able to decide.

Any words of wisdom?

chakaping

I would be amazed if the medium was the right size for him.

I am 5ft 8in and just bought a large Boardman HT, I would not want it any shorter.

dryroasted
    Free Member

Im 5`9″ and just bought a full suss medium 18″, it feels perfect to me.

snotrag

5ft10 and just bought a large last week.

I have quite short legs for my height though so another person of my height night be even more suited to a large.

I also went through the process of trying both, I wanted the TT length of the large frame but I also wanted to check I could fit my reverb in.

As it happens if a fit my 125mm reverb and slam it, it’s only just at the right height for me, no less.

Worth considering. You can order/click and collect with no payment so highly recommend trying both even if it means travelling, I’m glad I did.

jayx2a
    Free Member

I was looking as these too as well under budget and could fit a dropper straight away (it has stealth routing). I think I would be on a large at 5ft 11, but adding a dropper makes me think the 18″ might be a better option.

Apparantly the rear mech hanger is a weak spot.

Hows the stand over on these?

snotrag

Yes I have fitted my reverb stealth straight in. The bike is superb I am massively impressed with it.

When you go to pick one up check the spec they are struggling to get bits so mine came with an upgraded Monarch RT with debonair can, and modular/direct mount fsa chainset!

jayx2a
    Free Member

I was tempted by one of these – but it seems I have left it too late. No delivery avaliable and no stores within a reasonable distance have any avaliable now!

nicnag
    Free Member

Same height as me and I have a large. Medium felt too small. Strangely though halfords employee also told me a mefium would be the correct size. Maybe they have a surplus of medium frames 8)

jayx2a
    Free Member

I worry about some of the employees! When I went to look at them a few weeks back they only had the next version down in stock and built up.

It was clearly a 19″ and when I asked about sizing and said I could sit on that one, he was convinced it was a 16″ due to where the tube was on his hips.

He then wheeled out a 19″ FS bike (one of those sub £300 things) and said it sized up ‘about the same’ lol

Bucko

He’s visited a store about 25 miles away today and come home with a large bike in the boot. Cheers for the input guys

jayx2a
    Free Member

Good news! now tell him to make sure its all together ok and go get a stealth dropper!

Bucko

Thats exactly what he’s doing, he worked at Halfords as a teenager so he knows exactly how bad it is!

jayx2a
    Free Member

Did well to get one! Seems the low price has caused a sell out. None available online, just in certain stores.

dryroasted
    Free Member

Coming from a 2011 santa cruz Heckler this bike feels fantastic, i thought the heckler was a fun bike but this thing really makes me smile. Also i was planning on keeping the heckler for alps trips etc , but this actually feels better on the rough downhill trails locally, so not sure what im to do.

alpin
    Free Member

GF rides a small and it fits me at 5’7″.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Pro FS Sizing’ is closed to new replies.