Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BMX’s
  • chvck
    Free Member

Thinking of getting a BMX but have no idea what’s good, what’s not etc….. What sort of price am I looking at for something decent?

thepodge
    Free Member

depends what you mean by decent and depends what you want it for. its a bit of an open question

chvck
    Free Member

Fair point, just for tooling around on, bit of street riding and some dirt jumping, nothing big. I don’t really know what I mean by decent either as I have little idea of what to look for in a bmx!

finbar
    Free Member

Wethepeople or KHE make nice completes. Have a look at winstanleysbmx.com or alansbmx.co.uk

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

How much do you have to spend?

If you arent too fussed about buying new and your on a budget, then I would look at 2nd hand. You’ll get a good one for £300.

If your relatively tall then go for one with a 21inch top tube and get some high rise (8inch) bars aswell.

The thing to remember with bmx’s is small adjustments make a massive difference. I could probably ride any of my mates mtb’s down the same trails I do on mine. But with bmx I struggle to ride my friends bikes because they all feel completely different yet they all look relatively the same to the untrained eye.

thepodge
    Free Member

total agreement with the post above. one day i’ll finish mime and get back out on it. i’ve not ridden bmx in about 3 years since my old one was stolen.

chvck
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice guys, I’ve got a mate who is about the same height etc… as me who might be selling his to me 🙂

jedi

i never ride trails on bmx. love riding vert and park though.
    loads of deals about too on bmx.look for 21″ tt for sure

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BMX’s’ is closed to new replies.