Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • BMXer puts Boris' bike through its paces ;>)
  • mamadirt
    Free Member

Apologies if it's been posted before.

Fair play for even managing to get it off the ground. Check out the stairs at 1.43 😯

FuzzyWuzzy

That seemed a bit tame/lame…

Gotama
    Free Member

Yep, agree ^, riding up steps just requires pace. Lets get Danny Mac on there 😯

rootes1

they are soo low geared… too low takes ages to get anywhere on them – pedal fast, but move slow

rootes1

viral marketing…

mike_p
    Free Member

What a load of crap, I want my 2 minutes back

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I wish people would stop calling them 'Boris Bikes' when the idea was conceived by Red Ken's regime…

They are nice looking bikes actually. Great design for urban use. Very comfy to ride apparently. I like the way the cables are all kept tucked away, and the integrated lights.

lyons
    Free Member

Trust ne, if anyone could do some stunts on one of those, it would be dan lacey, he's a brilliant rider. And a really nice guy…

rootes1

Yer they are ok, used them a few times now….. Rear lights are too dim and they are too low geared… But handy though…

backhander
    Free Member

But boris delivered the idea and so they are boris' bikes.

Karinofnine

Oh yeah right, so you leave your bmx leaning against a wall, go for a ride on a hire bike and when you come back, your bmx is still there? In a parallel universe maybe, but not in the London I know (and love).

Lifer
    Free Member

Didn’t want to start a new thread for this but seems they’re popular already:

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/09/20/stickering-londons-b.html

RightWing
    Free Member

Oh dear looks like the commies are out in force here, what a waste of their time, although I dont expect they have jobs so are able to do this.
    Personally I think the bikes are an excellent idea and as for barclays involvement, well as long as their shares keep rising nicely I dont give a damn!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

RightWing (RightWing)

Occupation
    MP
    Interests
    Conservative Party

😆

Brilliant…

Taff
    Free Member

dammit should’ve watched that outside of my lunch hour so I got paid for those painful two minutes

Trimix
    Free Member

How long will they last now that everyone will be trying to ride them up/down steps ?

Stickers made me laugh though.

chakaping
    Free Member

They are nice looking bikes actually

No, they’re not.

chakaping
    Free Member

Whoever edited that needs to calm down a bit.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Hmmm…..

Sam

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh8Bf-Okx4w[/video]

yunki
    Free Member

They are nice looking bikes actually

no Elf.. they are far from being nice looking bikes.. did you rub dog poo in your eyes as a child..?

those handlebars have a quality that can only be likened to cheap plastic childrens toys that get recalled at xmas for having dangerous parts..

aaah.. opps.. I got snared by a goat eater

allthepies
    Free Member

There are some funky coloured ones about

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

no Elf.. they are far from being nice looking bikes.. did you rub dog poo in your eyes as a child..?

I beg your pardon?

Erm, excuse me, but being that I live in That London, and am urbane, erudite and sophisticated and know stuff about art and design and stuff, I think that makes me slightly more qualified to comment on style and aesthetics than you, doesn’t it? I’m sure everyone else will agree with me. 🙂

They look all right. Chunky, tough and simple. Utilitarian, fit for purpose. Funky built-in lights, hidden cables, streamlined.

Remind me of Legoland bicycles:

(Laughs at the preposterousness of Yunki daring to question his aesthetic judgement…)

Mister-P
    Free Member

Nice use of protective woolly hat while performing stunts.

grumm
    Free Member

Trust ne, if anyone could do some stunts on one of those, it would be dan lacey, he’s a brilliant rider. And a really nice guy…

Why don’t you just ask him out….? 😛

MrKmkII
    Free Member

je deteste le barclay’s logoing.

yunki
    Free Member

Erm, excuse me, but being that I live in That London, and am urbane, erudite and sophisticated and know stuff about art and design and stuff, I think that makes me slightly more qualified to comment on style and aesthetics than you, doesn’t it?

sillybilly

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘BMXer puts Boris' bike through its paces ;>)’ is closed to new replies.