Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Blur LTc or Mojo SL – your thoughts on my dilema
  • olibluegoat
    Free Member

Right so here it is. I have a chance to buy my ultimate do it all bike. This will be the bike i plan to own for a considerable amount of time (or until something else catches the eye – hopefully the former)
    I am 6ft and 11.5 stones.
    I ride 70% XC and 30% trail centres

Forget price

Do i go for a Blur LTc or Mojo SL ?

I value you thoughts so please let em know what they are

Thanks Peeps

skywalker
    Free Member

Go for the one that fits best.

Personally for the riding you do I would be looking at the Blur TRc.

druidh
    Free Member

Have a good look at BB height. I have a Blur XCc and considered the LTc but the low BB rather put me off on account of the sort of “natural” trails I usually ride.

Edit: I know you said to disregard price, but Mojo SL Special Blends are available at the cost if an LTc frame.

continuity
    Free Member

Mojo SL-R?

If you’re mostly doing XC, you mostly care about pedalling efficiency. Which the DW link has put to rights. The Blur is a slightly more do-it-all bike.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

I wish i could afford the SLR but 8i have a great deal on the Mojo SL

My feeling is that the LTc will be a bit overgunned for most of my riding

bennyboy1
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2011 Blur xc Carbon with ’11 Fox F120rlc’s (22.5 lb build)and a Mojo with 2012 RP23 and Lyrik U-Turns (28 lb build). I love riding the Mojo, a super bike but the Blur is undoubtedley a quicker bike and with the 120mm forks the headangle isn’t far off the angles of the Mojo at 160mm aswell so is a hoon downhill and a rocket going up. If I had to have choose one bike I’d not have much hesitation in choosing the Blur xc Carbon if I had too.

br
    Free Member

My LBS owner had a Blur LTc last year, he got rid of it as it was just too much ‘bike’ for the riding he does – he’s like you, more of an XCer than rad-rider.

tbh Demo bikes in the environment you ride most, and if needbe buy a second bike for the other riding.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Mojo SL frames reduced in a few places if youre considering a self-build

http://www.moosecycles.com/m6b123s26p1034/IBIS_CYCLES_Mojo_SL_2011/RS_GB/2802

http://www.lexs.co.uk/Product/2012-Ibis-Mojo-SL-The-Light-One-Carbon-Frame

22lbs Ben, no wonder youre so quick! Have to put you on my Alpine sometime 😀

kinger

I had a similar choice recently and went with a Blur TrC – awesome bike!

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi
    Just so you know Bikescene at Guisborugh have 2 XL Blur XC carbons at £999-a red one and a black one.
    I would have bought one on the spot if I didnt already have enough bikes!!!!
    I am also 6 ft but apparently they come up a bit on the small size
    Cheers
    Steve

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Tempting. What travel does the Blur XC have out back?

Would love the TRC but how much!!!

druidh
    Free Member

Blur XC has a 105mm rear end, though at your height I’d seriously be considering a Tallboy too.

continuity
    Free Member

Ignore this post

campfreddie
    Free Member

yeti asr5 carbon – if you want a longer cockpit (the mojo is very short)

turner flux – if you want something pretty light, with a dw link and totally bombproof

druidh
    Free Member

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Having a go on the yeti at the weekend. Fancide a bit more plush travel though

geetee1972
    Free Member

The Blur LTc is likely to be replaced soon with updated geometry and ISCG tabs. They may not be important to you, but it does mean that any older frames in stock will likely get discounted. I know you said ignore price, but would you want to pay more than you needed to just for the sake of it?

The Blur LTc is a bit of a strange thing in my view. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s an amazing bike having ridden it; but it’s barely any lighter than the Carbon Nomad (6lbs versus 6.1lbs I think) which sort of makes it an odd choice when you can have a longer travel bike at very little weight penalty that still pedals as well.

I guess the biggest benefit is that it’s designed to run a shorter A2C fork so you can build it with a 32mm fork from RS or Fox, rather than a Lyrik or FOx 36.

Someone else mentioned the Blur TRc, which is likely to be better alternative to the Mojo and the Yeti seems to be a very fine choice judging by the way a mate of mine rides his.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Cheers folks. All really helpful. Wish i could get a Blur TRc at a reasonable price – dont really want to sell a kidney

geetee1972
    Free Member

Wish i could get a Blur TRc at a reasonable price – dont really want to sell a kidney

I thought price wasn’t an issue? Think of it this way; given your stated desire for this bike to be a long term partner, in three years time, will you still think it was a good idea to compromise on choice for the sake of a few hundred quid?

TrevorB

I would not describe the ride of the Mojo as ‘plush’ more like ‘hardtail with squish’

olibluegoat
    Free Member

True geetee – as a result i am considering the mojo SLR

Trevor – do you see that as a good thing or bad? – presume you are saying it is effecient in terms of power transfer

the_lecht_rocks

why not consider the tallboy ltc ?

kiwijohn

SB66c. Oh yes.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

The LTc is also nice but i have to set some limits on what i can afford. I said forget price in the post as i have the possibility of getting a mojo or ltc at a good price. Not that i could afford anyhting on offer. I would question spending 5k on a bike

druidh
    Free Member

Ibis Mojo SL Special Blend

Full build for £2.5k (less with your STW discount).

Has to be the bargain of the year.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

Thats what i am looking at and currently considering

olibluegoat
    Free Member

discount / finance?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Blur TRc frame is just slightly above the LTc in price terms. Gf is looking between the 2

TrevorB

It’s very efficient in power terms, climbs brilliantly.

olibluegoat
    Free Member

GF – whose that

mikewsmith
    Free Member

my Girl Friend (she’s not on here)

olibluegoat
    Free Member

aha

xcentric
    Free Member

GF – what’s that? 😀

(not that it really helps, but I have a Mojo and it’s a great do-it-all bike: light, fast, great downhill.)

br
    Free Member

kiwijohn

when did you get the 66c, as my buddy has got one on order and the delivery date has just gone back (again) to mid-July

its for an XL, which might be the reason

lungman

I’ve a mojo HD 140 so slightly slacker headangle but rides quick up and down. Rear is suprisingly plush never used DW link b4, seems effecent and quiet compared to most other type of suspension i’ve used. Lock out seems a complete waist of space though. Good for long days in the saddle and I’ve yet to use it at any trial centres but I can’t see that being a weakness

cinnamon_girl

You really need to check both for size. My Mojo has quite a short top tube and it’s a lovely bike. Has the Lopes link. Just wish I could do it justice. 🙁

kiwijohn

b r
    Unfortunately it’s not mine. Just borrowed the pic from mtbr.
    I have the alloy version & it is the best bike in the world.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Blur LTc or Mojo SL – your thoughts on my dilema’ is closed to new replies.