• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ben.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Bling Bell?
  • ben
    Free Member

My dad's birthday is approaching and he's requested a bell for his Brompton.. My challenge is now to find the nicest bell I can!

Have seen this, but is there anything nicer out there?

Cheers
    Ben

offthebrakes
    Free Member
    packer
    Free Member
    molgrips
    Free Member

My father in law has one of these

I know it's not a bell, but the noise it makes is bloody hilarious! I didn't expect to find it funny but the tone and quality of the thing really is comedy 🙂

sslowpace
    Free Member

follow offthebrakes link. Sogreni ones are very lovely

thomthumb
    Free Member
    ben
    Free Member

Thanks all. The Sogreni looks perfect

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Good luck Ben – I'm not sure how easy they are to get hold of. The Sogreni website may be quite old.

alexpalacefan

But…

in my experience a bell has to make the classic "bring-bring" noise, or people hear it but don't know what it is.

I'd stay away from those "ping" ones if I were you.

just my 2 pence worth,

APF

IA

Edinburgh bike coop used to do sogreni.

(hmm but don't seem to any more, tho you could go Ti in the sale: http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/ebwPNLqrymode.a4p?f%5FProductID=10869&f%5FFullProductVersion=1&f%5FSupersetQRY=C290&f%5FSortOrderID=1&f%5Fbct=c003154c003140c003573 )

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member
    ben
    Free Member

Cheers IA, that's what I'd found previously, but for more that £25. Just not sure if I like the design. I think this on eBay might get the nod over the MKS if I can't find a Sogreni dealer.

ben
    Free Member

Can't see the Redfish making production in time! Also, I think a bell needs to be mechanical personally.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Looks like Kinetics have a Sogreni, albeit only the stainless steel one. Maybe give them a call?

ben
    Free Member

Cheers offthebrakes, have emailed them already. Fingers crossed!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Bling Bell?’ is closed to new replies.