Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Now I want to buy a go pro….
  • DT78
    Free Member

awesome

z1ppy

WOW!

How much are they? Not that my films would include anything like that..

grantway
    Free Member

Good luck I have had two of the new GOPRO HD cams
    and both never worked
    Before you buy take a look at what people are saying as it seems
    to be a pot luck if it actualy works, and both of mine did not.

GoProUser.freeforums.org
    View forum Questions, Problems and Observations

Zedsdead
    Free Member

What would you reccomend instead? The quality is fantastic but I think I'd like one with a small viewing screen on the back….

Cheers

Northwind

TBH I don't think Gopro have a bad failure rate, though Grantway got the shaft 🙁 The older non-HD one was similiar, they allow a lot of criticism and failure threads on their website so you would dip in and think that they were all broken but I reckon it's partly just a side effect of their strong web presence- that old camera was very reliable.

Contour HD are the big competitor still I think and when they launched their horribly unready Vholdr 1, they deleted most fault threads and IP banned the posters on their forum, even if it was just "This isn't working, what should I do". So you read their forums and thought all was sweetness and light since there were few reported issues, even though they'd basically done a live beta with paying customers.

Viewing screen on the back is overrated, you might want to consider seperates for that but they're really not ideal for MTB use. Oregon have at least one camera with a screen, shame the video quality is diabolical, they've been adding features to their cameras for years but never fixed the rolling shutter defects and loss of stability that the ATC1 had. "Look, it has a screen on it!" "Yeah but it's huge and it still doesn't work."

For me it still comes down to the mountings, I have no idea if the Gopro is actually the best unit, the old one certainly wasn't the best when it was new but it was still the obvious choice just because you can do so much more with them. The chest mount is a real killer edge.

epicsteve
    Free Member

I'm very happy with my Go-Pro – I have the Wide one, not the HD. I've also got one of the Oregons and there is no comparison, the Go-Pro is better in every way.

I've got one of the Sony bullet cams that connect to an HD camcorder and while the quality of that is excellent it's much less convenient in use than the Go-Pro.

As well as the Go-Pro chest mount the wide angle lens is also a big advantage. Yes I'd like a camera with a screen but that'd compromise other areas and I've not found it to be much of an issue not having one in practice.

SOAP
    Free Member
    DT78
    Free Member

Now that is a really tempting deal. I don't think my laptop has the power to edit the HD version anyway…. hmmmm….

leeph
    Free Member

I have a Elmo SUV Camera for sale…..

Bullet camera, separate SD card recorder with screen. Email me if interested.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Now I want to buy a go pro….’ is closed to new replies.