Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bit of a predicament …
  • Locoboy
    Free Member

I have a 2004 enduro that suits my full suss riding needs well enough. Whilst it’s not the most up to date lightest bike, I’m not the fastest lightest rider and I’m more concerned about enjoying myself than parading the latest carbon clad bits of bike exotica at the post ride cafe.

I also have a second bike for local trails and winter riding which is a spesh rockhopper pro.

I upgraded the enduro forks and put the Magura Ronin 110’s on the rockhopper, these are goosed now and not worth servicing.

So either way I need some forks, but do I

Take the upgraded forks off the enduro and put on the rockhopper and buy more forks for the enduro,….. but a lot of the better forks available now have taper steerer and maxles/bolt through which are not compatible with my enduro hubs

Buy a set of 100mm forks for the rockhopper (normal front QR hubs)

Replace the hubs and forks on the enduro to maxle /bolt through and use the current forks on the rockhopper, whcih will probably cost more to do than the bike is worth now.

sell the enduro as its not worth upgrading forks and hubs to modern day spec and buy a more modern complete bike with the standardised components.

Sell both bikes and buy one bike to suit all needs?

Cheers
    Col

marti
    Free Member

Put some ridged forks on the rockhopper. Spend the money saved going on a holiday with your enduro.

gribble
    Free Member

You can eat a recon silver, or gold, from £120 to £200 ish, that can be had at 120mm or 100mm, with a QR lower. Ace value and some of the coil ones simple as a pretzel (not sure how simple that is, but low maintenance).

Stuck a 100mm fork on the wife’s hard rock, excellent for the cash at just over a hundred notes.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I’d get some half decent forks and stick them on the enduro. Put the old enduro forks on the rockhopper or go rigid and leave the enduro alone.
    My 2004 enduro pro is still going strong. It’s a bit of a triggers broom, but it’s bloody good enough for me!

orangeboy
    Free Member

My 2004 enduro is one of the few frames I regret selling I’d keep it and tart it up. And rigid the rockhopper

Locoboy
    Free Member

Whats the fascination with putting rigid forks on the rockhopper? Am I missing something, didn’t MTB’s ‘progress’ to suspension forks?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bit of a predicament …’ is closed to new replies.