Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Birght coloured bikes and the worry of the wrong kind of attention
  • gaz552
    Free Member

Does anyone else look at bright coloured bikes and think they look good but then think, that they wouldn’t go for that colour as it stands out too much and would attract attention from those who maybe have nefarious intentions?

A bright coloured bike sticks out and we do know that sometimes crimminals follow people home (e.g. if it’s on the back of a car) to see where their bike is stored?

somouk
    Free Member

I had a rather dull looking white one and they still followed me home and stole it.

Ultimately the crims know which bikes are valuable and if so inclined will try and nick them irrespective of colour.

plumber
    Free Member

my on ones are that pink, none brighter

they are still with me despite leaving them unlocked or barely locked around that London

people don’t steal pink scaffold apparently

gaz552
    Free Member

The reason I was thinking about it, is because I’m tempted to get a YT Ind Capra.
    There’s 200 euros price difference between them and component wise Comp 1 has SRAM X01 and the Comp 2 has SRAM X9 2×10 setup. So not a lot of difference and I can always change the gears if I felt the urge unlike the colour (carbon frame).

Comp 2 is Grey and Black with some Red, Comp 1 is Bright Green and Black.

roverpig

I refuse to let the actions of a few scrotes dictate what I ride, but if I did waste any grey matter on the subject I’d probably conclude that a brighter bike was less likely to get nicked as it might be harder to sell on without being spotted. But, either way I’ll ride what I fancy

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I refuse to let the actions of a few scrotes dictate what I ride, but if I did waste any grey matter on the subject I’d probably conclude that a brighter bike was less likely to get nicked as it might be harder to sell on without being spotted. But, either way I’ll ride what I fancy

+1

Stick it on the house insurance and stop worrying about bike theft.

buck53

I refuse to let the actions of a few scrotes dictate what I ride

Is the correct answer.

Junkyard
    Free Member

they look gash that is why I dont own one

Plenty of cheap bikes in shit colours as well

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Birght coloured bikes and the worry of the wrong kind of attention’ is closed to new replies.