Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 165 total)
  • Bin Laden is dead.
  • Coyote
    Free Member

why oh why would they not parade his head on a spike after pursuing him for 10 years?

They disposed of the body according to Islamic tradition. Demonstration of respect takes away fuel from the fanatics.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

They disposed of the body according to Islamic tradition.

Rubbish. They (supposedly) buried his body at sea to stop people digging it up.

Demonstration of respect takes away fuel from the fanatics.

I suspect that you give them too much credit. Fanatics (on either side) aren’t renowned for being reasonable.

Edukator
    Free Member

Islamic tradition would have had the body hauled through his home town or Mecca with hundreds of thousands of supporters following in its wake.

racefaceec90

bin laden dead you say.well there was no mention of it on bbc news 😉

backhander
    Free Member

I’ve never felt happy because of the death of anyone before. It’s great news IMO.
    Cod rest his sole.

smell_it
    Free Member

Since he was found living well in a rather populated area, am i safe to assume from those videos of him in the hills that he just enjoyed walking holidays?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

They disposed of the body according to Islamic tradition.

Rubbish. They (supposedly) buried his body at sea to stop people digging it up.

Erm…

623. * If a person dies on a ship and if there is no fear of the decay of the dead body and if there is no problem in retaining it for sometime on the ship, it should be kept on it and buried in the ground after reaching the land. Otherwise, after giving Ghusl, Hunut, Kafan and Namaz-e-Mayyit it should be lowered into the sea in a vessel of clay or with a weight tied to its feet. And as far as possible it should not be lowered at a point where it is eaten up immediately by the sea predators.

624. If it is feared that an enemy may dig up the grave and exhume the dead body and amputate its ears or nose or other limbs, it should be lowered into sea, if possible, as stated in the foregoing rule.

So you’re both right, sort of. No need to argue/try to appear cleverer than each other.

Elfin ‘Peacemaker’ Safety.

X

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I spose one good thing to come from this story is that it has knocked the flippin’ Royal Wedding off the top news slots… 🙂

Since he was found living well in a rather populated area, am i safe to assume from those videos of him in the hills that he just enjoyed walking holidays?

A Rambler??

What if he’d bin ( 😮 ) a mountain biker? Would he be deserving of greater sympathy?

Roadie?

molgrips
    Free Member

And as far as possible it should not be lowered at a point where it is eaten up immediately by the sea predators.

Lol. Aka thrown to the sharks 🙂 I’d have thought this was common sense!

robsoctane
    Free Member

Osama is dead but we’ll never know the truth about how. USA will perhaps lie about gun fights & bravado ‘no American was killed in this instance’ what heroes.

I’m not yank bashin’ – I feel sorry for the people who live there & are lied to by their government.

Obama said in his election in 2008 ‘We will kill OBL’. He will be assured of re-election now. If OBL was found dead of natural causes, would that have the same effect on the public when voting time comes again. 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

the mision was to capture him, not asassinate

No it wasn’t: They have openly said that the mission was to kill him, not capture him.

I’m not surprised at all at this: A captive OBL would be a seriously hot potato and probably cause more trouble than it was worth. He was never going to get a fair trial, plus any trial he did get may end up revealing some facts that the US may find more than a little embarrassing. The line is that he was killed “while resisting arrest”.

I’m not yank bashin’ – I feel sorry for the people who live there & are lied to by their government.

Yeah, and our government always tells us the truth 🙄

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Erm…

I stand corrected (and guilty of previously only reading that page up 623).

X

LHS
    Free Member

LOL – people in glass houses! Take a look at your own country first!

andyl
    Free Member

It’s all a bit surreal.

Royal Wedding Friday, waking up to hear OBL is dead on Monday morning.

Next the UK will be out of debt….

oh and quality writing from the Guardian there:

None of the Americans was killed. Pakistani co-operation “helped to lead us to him” he said.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-ERh1OlEtA[/video]

bloodynora
    Free Member

Sir Elton John has said he’s releasing a tribute song, its going to be called ‘Sandals In The Bin’

deluded
    Free Member

In other news, Chuck Norris returns from vacationing in Pakistan…

derp
    Free Member

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

One thing that I don’t see in any reports – was the Pakistani government informed / aware of a US team operating in its territory?

Edit -found some comments looking like pakistan is accepting of it

Xylene
    Free Member

Just walked around my local Netto and all the underclass are talking excitedly in the shop about it.

He’s dead, said one old codger – his friend replied, is that the punchline.

Other’s from the blue rinse brigade announced to each other how it was about time and he shouldn’t want for the hotness of hell.

Chav’s in tracksuits and pushchairs were talking about it as if it was The End of Days.

While back in the real world, all I can say is “So what?” what exactly does it mean for me in my everyday life? Not much, some man who lived in a cave and is claimed to have orchestrated a terrosist attack is dead.

schnullelieber
    Free Member

oh and quality writing from the Guardian there:

None of the Americans was killed. Pakistani co-operation “helped to lead us to him” he said.

I don’t get what you’re getting at.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Just caught the news, they say he was shot in the head twice, identified by DNA and then buried at sea?????

Am i missing something here……seriously?

GrahamS

then buried at sea?????

Yeah, that smells a bit fishy…

mikey74
    Free Member

Sir Elton John has said he’s releasing a tribute song, its going to be called ‘Sandals In The Bin’

Sorry, but that gag was used up when Mother Theresa died.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Bigbloke my SAS buddy said: double tap the head to make sure they are dead, positive ID via most uncompromised method possible, body at sea so it’s not a focus for further intrest.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Surely the CIA types will have released to the insurgent groups pics as proof of death, otherwise it will turn into a massive conspiracy theory that it did not happen etc etc

Or am i already caught up in the theories…..blimey 😕

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Sorry, but that gag was used up when Mother Theresa died.

What, the joke was already used up a day before Diana’s funeral? that was pretty impressive, worlds shortest lived joke at minus one day!

donsimon
    Free Member

bigbloke – Member

Just caught the news, they say he was shot in the head twice, identified by DNA and then buried at sea?????

Am i missing something here……seriously?
    Are you suggesting that it might not be true and is just a bit of US spin?
    If that’s so and Bin Laden is still alive, how will Obama explain the reappearence through video?
    And how important is it not to have an easily accessible tomb for the followers to make a shrine out of?

bigbloke
    Free Member

DS…yes initially, as i posted i just caught the news, just sounded a bit unusual.

Won’t make a bit of difference to the fighters, probably just stir them up even more but obviously it will hopefully bring some solace for relatives of the recent Islamic terror attacks.

Cougar

Seems the US have done something you’d never see in the UK; took the Bins out on a bank holiday.

robsoctane
    Free Member

[/quote] LOL – people in glass houses! Take a look at your own country first!

I distrust my government too & feel equally sorry for us! We’ll never know the truth about OBL though.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I reckon OBL has defected to the US and his death is fake to protect him from harm…….honest 😉

Houns

Wyre Forest District council collected the bins today, as they do every bank holiday Monday

chewkw
    Free Member

He can run but he cannot hide.

Karma has finally caught up with him.

🙄

p/s: oh well … need to have my hair cut now … back to work tomorrow … arrghhhh ….

molgrips
    Free Member

Karma has finally caught up with him.

No – he wouldn’t have cared about being killed. Unlike 3,000 New York office workers.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

One thing that I don’t see in any reports – was the Pakistani government informed / aware of a US team operating in its territory?

He was living in a huge compound next to the Pakistan military academy and not far from Islamabad. I think it is inconceivable that no one in the Pakistani government or intelligence services knew he was there and were complicit in hiding him. Given that its hardly surprising the US took action without involving or informing the Pakistanis except once it was all over.

chewkw
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

No – he wouldn’t have cared about being killed. Unlike 3,000 New York office workers.

I bet he will change his mind once he has realised that no virgins are waiting for him the pearly gate … except my friend the brazen bull. 🙄

RealMan
    Free Member

ahwiles
    Free Member

apologies for:

a)slight variation on earlier gag.

b)swearing.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

apologies for:

b)swearing.

No need…….everyone loves a tough-talking yank in a cowboy hat.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘Bin Laden is dead.’ is closed to new replies.