Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 165 total)
  • Bin Laden is dead.
  • nickname
    Free Member

Who’s the new al qaeda #1?

This will go on forever, but like a previous poster said, they couldn’t just not hunt him down.

Anyway, I expect things to get worse now with a few attacks here ‘n there.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i am not sure what difference it will make in the grand scheme of things
    Burial at sea without the body being seen [if true] will cause suspicion and seems a rather odd decision as they know what will be inferred from this decision
    Whoppit I never had you down as a Gung Ho Hawk most of those who feel like you in tthe USA are also thanking God HTH

wors

Have you seen the scenes outside the white house? They are no better than the flag burners they call the enemy.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    LHS
    Free Member

i am not sure what difference it will make in the grand scheme of things

Agreed, but it all helps.

Have you seen the scenes outside the white house? They are no better than the flag burners they call the enemy.

Yes, its completly the same! 🙄

If you had any family or friends who had suffered during the 11th September or 7th July attacks you would understand their pain.

wors

Ferocious in battle, magnanimous in victory.

Junkyard
    Free Member

That is right American foreign policy [ you do know he worked and was trained by the CIA]has never led to the deaths of anyone and certainlty not innocent civilians and has in no way contributed to the strength of negative feeling towards than benign altrustic bringer of peace the world over
    FFS even the Guardian describe Bin Ladden as

the criminal mastermind behind

Makes him sound like a Bond Villan

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I hear Donald Trump’s been on TV demanding to see his death certificate 😆

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I did hear him referred to as an evil genius this morning. When will Osama’s Evil Petting Zoo open?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Whoppit I never had you down as a Gung Ho Hawk most of those who feel like you in tthe USA are also thanking God HTH

On this occasion it gets my full approval.

Next – al-Zawahiri and then Mullah Omar and then any more of the scumbags that can be found.

US policy has been subject to massive errors of perception on all sorts of levels. This is largely due to their own misunderstanding of the limits of their power and and a cultural ignorance of how other countries and cultures work.

Bush’s tendency (with encouragement from the idiot Blair) to ignore the advice of UK “Arabists” led to all sorts of short-sighted errors that have compounded the difficulties.

However, one gets the sense that Obama’s leadership, which seems to have a steadier hand on the tiller so to speak, is beginning to reap rewards.

As far as the general thrust of US and UK policy is concerned – oppose and fight Islamic terrorism on all possible levels – I’m completely on side.

Oh, and people can thank whatever version of the Big Pink Unicorn that they like. Makes no difference to my own satisfaction with the outcome.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

even the Guardian describe Bin Ladden as

the criminal mastermind behind

To be fair, hatching a plan which involved a handful of blokes armed only with stanley knives, to highjack planes so that they could be flown into buildings, requires the mind of a genius. What if they had bought those stanley knives without the retractable blades ? …..one of the terrorists might have accidentally cut themselves whilst boarding the plane and the whole operation would have been jeopardised. No, definitely the work of an evil genius mind.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Well that’s the price of fuel going up again then!

iDave
    Free Member

I feel sorry for the grave diggers

emsz
    Free Member

I imagine there are probably families of people who died in 9/11 are feeling a measure of closure.

molgrips
    Free Member

If only killing one man would solve the issues.

LHS
    Free Member

If only killing one man would solve the issues

God?

airtragic
    Free Member

Well done US. He was not a nice man.

Now, do I still have to go to Afghanistan this summer?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

If only killing one man would solve the issues

God?

Surely that involves killing three men (father, son, holy goatghost) 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Well done US. He was not a nice man

Neither is TJ but I don’t want him killed 😉

Seriously though – it’s not going to make any difference. Whoever thinks all this mess is down to one person is being very silly.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Neither is TJ but I don’t want him killed

Speak for yourself.

Jase
    Free Member

Reuters reporting that they traced him through his sony playstation account details!

crispo
    Free Member

allthepies
    Free Member

I hear he was just about to complete level 76 on “Kill the infidels III” also.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

LOL at crispo.

“Protecting the earth from the scum of the universe”. 😆

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Neither is TJ

I think that’s unfair. I have it on good authority that he’s a nice bloke.

Speak for yourself.

Woppit, on the other hand….

dr_death
    Free Member

I thought they’d found him via his iPhone tracking his every move??

molgrips
    Free Member

I think that’s unfair

It was, and I apologise unreservedly. It was a cheap shot and I was trying to get back at him for making me feel bad earlier in the week.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I’m glad he was buried at sea.

Only cod can judge him now.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Will we see the same jubilant scenes when Bush and Blair pop their clogs?

I do hope so.

Although there is one scumbayg whose death is far more imminent, I’d imagine, and I for one shall definitely be celebrating…

(Polishes dancing shoes)

Best not mention her name though cos some people get a bit tetchy over it.

johnners
    Free Member

Seen the picture, he’s been dying his beard/hair

Well then, I can certainly see why they’re describing him as an “evil genius”. No wonder it took so long to find him with that sort of cunning in play.

dogbert
    Free Member

a nice gesture would be to split the $25 million dollar bounty between the unit that did the job.

Incidentally they could have found him years ago, just track who was buying all the C90 cassettes and VHS blank videos in Pakistan, now that everyones moves onto Blu Ray and MP3

deluded
    Free Member

Every day that disgusting lunatic drew breath was an effrontery to the ideals of democracy and civilisation.

Sadly until religious fanaticism of all persuasions is removed from this planet, we will continue to see needless death for the sake of a human fantasy that indulges in the belief and worship of supernatural entities.

mega
    Free Member

this stinks – so many questions

why oh why would they not parade his head on a spike after pursuing him for 10 years?

why did it take so long to find someone living in a house in a city?

how can USA swoop into a foreign country and publicly assassinate someone?

where is the body? Where are the WMDs?

2441 members of coalition military forces dead in Afghanistan alone – was it worth it?

Why did OBL attack the US in the first place?

I really hope the USA put the same amount of effort into changing their foreign policy and the way they conduct themselves on a global scale as they did into reacting to a terrorist attack.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – Member
    Best not mention her name though cos some people get a bit tetchy over it.

Too late, Mo Mowlam has already snuffed it.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I have a feeling he’s been dead for a few days.

j_me
    Free Member

Best not mention her name though….

Unfortunately she was too unwell to make the wedding at the weekend.

alex222
    Free Member

well i’ve heard that osama bin laden is barack obama – and here is a video that proves it…..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJY3V-xfAXk[/video]

midlifecrashes

Now there’s a real reason for an extra bank holiday and a street party.

bigbloke
    Free Member

USA USA USA USA USA……

got to loves the yanks 🙂

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Did a good job of the cover up then, getting local residents to Twitter about helicopters overhead last night

http://twitter.com/#!/ReallyVirtual

That burial at sea option is looking better all the time 😉

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

why oh why would they not parade his head on a spike after pursuing him for 10 years?

er, cos that would be slightly inflamatory, offensive and insensitive? (and sick)

why did it take so long to find someone living in a house in a city?

i imagine a lot of the time he wasn’t living there? perhaps in the caves he used? plus i imagine intelligence gathering takes a long time – you’d not want to screw it up, would you?

how can USA swoop into a foreign country and publicly assassinate someone?

he died in a firefight, not an assassination – asassinations are internationally illegal for such people. the mision was to capture him, not asassinate – however i imagine (as someone else pointed out), that capturing someone who was probably being guarded by armed men, none of whom are going to be scared of death, isn’t going to be too easy.

where is the body?

in the sea. for a range of reasons that have already been covered on here and in the media.

Why did OBL attack the US in the first place?

for a whole range of reasons – some delusional, some ‘religious’, probably some to do with economic reasons etc.

of course, i’m sure the tinfoil hat wearers will find some other answers.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 165 total)

The topic ‘Bin Laden is dead.’ is closed to new replies.