Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • bike with a 2.1 shock ratio?????????????
  • ton

anyone know any please…. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Foes?

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Orange st4?

kimbers

what about axle path?

very interesting article in dirt this mont

Saccades
    Free Member

merida/bergwerk/centurion/carrera LRS (short travel versions, things like the transmission LRS are closer to 2.8:1 i think).

The old Spec Epic too I guess, although not too sure about that though.

steel4real
    Free Member

Are there going to be many with air shocks ? Isn't the longest fox stroke 57mm ? So for 2:1 that would be 4 1/2 inch travel, but bikes with around that travel run 50mm stroke or more likely less ?

And anything with a coil is probably going to have more travel, I doubt a 6 " travel bike is going to run a 3" stroke coil shock.

So that leave Foes then & maybe the ST4 as mentioned above.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Old Nicolai Helius FR ran nearly 2:1 on the shortest travel setting too.

Helius fr

slowrider
    Free Member

santacruz blur 4x is pretty much 2:1, 115mm from 50mm stroke shock. prob too short in the top tube for you though.

the new superlight is 100mm travel from 50mm shock so 2:1. my dad rides one with a 120mm fox float up front and loves it, i borrowed it but put some heavy wheels on and it was pretty good, took some getting used to a steeper bike and a bit flexier than my 5 but no more than most full sussers. a very fast, fun singletrack bike but didnt suit my 'crash through everything' take on riding. sorry dad.

Rickos
    Free Member

Cotic Hemlock with the short travel rockers is a 2:1 ratio too. 200×57 Fox RP23 shock.

SteveL
    Free Member

Mmmm 5" stroke air shock.

Maybe not quite what you were looking for though.

jamie@balfa
    Free Member

All Foes frame use a 2:1 leverage ratio. The benefits of 2:1 are similar on something like an orange ST4 & although it has a custom tuned shock, 2:1 frames dont work correctly unless its coupled with a high volume shock like the Curnutt which allows you to run much lower pressures.

The shortest travel Foes with an Air shock is the Prolite 2:1 which has 3.5" travel & all frames from the XCT-5 (5") upwards have a Coil or Air shock option.

J

S8Tom
    Free Member

Corsair Marque? 5" travel, unique linkage, pedals amazingly well and corners like you wouldn't believe.

http://www.corsairbikes.com/fly.aspx?layout=bike&taxid=61&sublayout=biketech

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I nearly bought a Marque but the 9lbs + weight put me off in the end.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘bike with a 2.1 shock ratio?????????????’ is closed to new replies.