Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bike theft- details of kit thats been nicked
  • Danny79
    Free Member

Hi been reading posts on here for the past month or so. lurking? Anyway a mate has had a load of kit nicked so I'm copying a post he made over on http://www.southerndownhill.com as I know we all hate the kind of scroats that do this, hopefully someone will spot some of it on e-bay etc and we can get it back.

"All,

My curtis as well as the majority of all my biking kit was stolen from near Peterborough last night from my parents garage. Seemed like the thieves were only interested in bikes and biking equipment and got away with thousands of pounds worth of stuff!

The the majority of the things that were stolen were unique in one way or another. Grateful if you could please keep your ears and eyes open and keep an eye out on websites, at trails and on the old biking network.

The list of things that I am aware of so far is…… (yet to travel home and fully realise whats missing!)

Curtis bike
    It has 'Idiot Baz' stamped on the inside of the rear chain stay and the suspension forks have a 'Troy Lee' sticker. There is also an idiot sticker on the frame. Bike is fully loaded with Chris Kings hubs, profile cranks, xt brakes etc….

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/3752710/

GT- DHi drive frame. It is cracked all over the place so if they do use it then its going to snap. It was the stock standard Blue with black and yellow trim from a about 2002. It had a black rear end but they took the original blue rear end as well which is also cracked. It has no rear shock, but…..
    http://www.mds.co.jp/hp/news/june/juneimagel/dhil.jpg

Rear shocks – Without checking think they got away with, Fox RC, Rock Shock Deluxe and a 5th Element all with springs

D2 old blue carbon helmet from 2002

Wheels – Mavic D121 or similar on a Hope Big'un (Blue) and possible a ti-glide rear on a similar rim

Two blue tool boxes with god knows what in them, old xt rear mechs, V-brakes, old oranage x-lite stem, seat post, pedals and something unique a pot of Judy butter for those of you that remember that kind of stuff.

Will update the full list once I have been home and seen the damage for myself.

Any help most appreciated, if you see anything on eBay while you cruising through or anywhere on the internet that you think is mine then please fire me the link either on here. They got away with a lot of high end stuff so if you see a scum bag riding around with all this gear its probable not his!!!

Thanks,
    Si"

Cheers for taking the time to read, look forward to posting sumat more positive in the future.
    Dan

theflatboy
    Free Member

blimey, that's a fair haul!

MrAgreeable

It has 'Idiot Baz' stamped on the inside of the rear chain stay

😆

Hope your mate gets it back. Take it you know about eBay saved searches, Google alerts, etc?

tinsy
    Free Member

Mr agreeable, would you are to explain the google alerts to me please..

danny I hope your mate has some luck I am in the same boat.

Danny79
    Free Member

blimey, that's a fair haul!

Yeah Si is pretty hardcore downhill so always breaking/replacing kit.

'Idiot Baz'

Yeah 😆 Si rides with Team Idiot, Baz is a nickname. I've not ever ridden with him but I've seen some of the drops he's taken, they'd leave stains in my baggies. I'll let him know about eBay saved searches and Google alerts. Cheers for the help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bike theft- details of kit thats been nicked’ is closed to new replies.