Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Bike sizing – Orange Five
  • ns77214
    Free Member

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so please go easy on me!

I’m looking to get myself a full sus bike and have seen the discounted 2015 Mk1 Five’s for sale online. I’ve never brought a bike without trying it first and so am a bit confused as I think I’m right between the 17″ and 19″ sizing. I’m 5’10, with a 31″ inseam.

I’ve got a Whyte 901 at the moment which fits well – it’s a Medium – which I think is equivalent to 18″ although the ETT is similar to the 19″ Five.

So, what size did the other 5’10 Orange Five riders go for? I don’t know anyone locally (Epsom) with one and on a walk around QECP last weekend was too slow to catch up with the guy that I saw on one…

My fallback plan was an Escarpe VRX which is reduced on CRC and looks to be a good bike for the money, but the sizing is similar to the Five’s so doesn’t help!

Thanks in advance,

Nick

creamegg
    Free Member

I’m 5’9″ and have the 2011 model 18inch (not sure if they offer this size anymore). My mate has the 17″ which feels too small for me, whilst my other mate has a 19″ which feels way too big.

Not sure how the current sizes match up with older models, and I don’t know if ive helped at all but all I can say is go to your nearest dealer and try one for size- demo one if you can

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Bike sizing – Orange Five’ is closed to new replies.