Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)
  • Bike Security – why bother?!?
  • anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

kingtut, I hear you can satellite track your ham:

Only really viable if you ham is worth in excess of £1000 though.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Edit: stoopid server.

shoefiti
    Free Member

I’ve also come into your line of fire for organising some repairs to the mountain bike trails around Bristol (which, judging by the post Bike Fest comments seem to have been widely appreciated)

errrr i have never said anything of the sort Mr_a Ever i as many others appreciate the work you have done – and would challange you to find that i or others have said otherwisem without your hard efforts last weekend would of been a royal shambles!!!

shoefiti
    Free Member

@ anotherdeadhero – that’s the only one i got too! looks like you could remove it quite easily.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Rubbish innit? Its almost like ham connoisseurs don’t take their ham security seriously enough.

MrAgreeable

i have never said anything of the sort Mr_a

Fair enough, seems that I was confusing you with another chap on here who has an irrational obsession with a manager of a local bike shop.

shoefiti
    Free Member

Amd also Mr_a i think for the record that your pro-active approach to bike theft in Bristol is to be commended – it is something the police should of been on ages ago – i what got my gripe was that rather than offer anything to my argument which i admit started poorly was that it didn’t help what i (with hindsight poorly outlined) see as an issue of crime deterant/prevention. I was ranting as a freind of mines was broken into last week and had a great deal of kit pinched – yet due to lack of adequate security niether himself od the neighbours heard/saw anything. And this is becoming an all too regular occurance i think you’ll agree.

shoefiti
    Free Member

@anotherdeadhero – any bacon theft images?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Fair enough, seems that I was confusing you with another chap on here who has an irrational obsession with a manager of a local bike shop.

I saw Matt Carr serving in Evans the other day, does he manage the branch then?

shoefiti
    Free Member

just a word of warning – apply safty search! yuk.

shoefiti
    Free Member

and @ mr_a just because people approach things in a different way than you it doesn’t mean their intentions are wrong – you seem to have made your mind up about me one way or another, or hopefully confusing me with someone else – either way i’m not out to get you i don’t really know how/why that came across. Sit down – relax – have some ham.

nickc

Don’t have alarms, don’t always lock my bikes either TBH, and they live in a shed, which is unlocked, and I’ve had bikes nicked before. My deterrent is called insurance, it’s the best form of deterrent as I get all my stuff back every time exactly as it was before.

They’re just bikes, lumps of metal and plastic, I don’t care enough to get all medieval about protecting them.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I may be wrong nick, but I’m not sure that makes it a “deterrent”…

😉

MrAgreeable

NickC, they probably have your address saved as a favourite in their Satnav. 😉

I_did_dab
    Free Member

some thieves near me got caught. They were climbing a bacon tree….

…turned out to be a ham-bush 😆

KINGTUT
    Free Member

My deterrent is called insurance

**Makes mental note to attack the thieves with my policy document rather than a hockey stick next time**

nickc

BD, you’re right, it’s not is it? Hey ho…Still failing to care.

Eccles
    Free Member

Mine is stored up a tree in a hole in the ground which is only accessible at low tide and is protected at all times by an angry wasp and team of Chinese midget acrobats disguised as Gandalf, but beyond this I’ve not really put too much thought into the matter of security. Should I run a CRB check on the wasp?

shoefiti
    Free Member

Still going on? Well despite my apparent reputation for being a windger with nothing but negative threads (albeit i thought my what to clean your ears with and how to bag a looker threads where more upbeat and informative than anything else) I have something useful to add – if soemone else actually has something useful also it’d be appreciated.

warning fat men grunting content.

shoefiti
    Free Member

From watching this i decided that i would store my bikes up higher, so you can’t lever the cropper on the floor.

Eccles
    Free Member

You’re still talking to yourself, and that video doesn’t go very far towards ameliorating my concerns vis a vis the reliability of my wasp. 3/10

shoefiti
    Free Member

wow eccles what software do you have to monitor all internet activity?

Eccles
    Free Member

Anteaters. Trained motherfrikkin’ obsessive compulsive anteaters.

Bring.
    It.
    ON.

Viewing 23 posts - 121 through 143 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Bike Security – why bother?!?’ is closed to new replies.