Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Bike purchase recommendations for ~£2k?
  • _leon_
    Free Member

I’ve taken some time away from mountain biking, but am back with a budget of around 2k (1k coming from the cyclevoucher scheme). Could anyone recommend a good bike – that would suit XC and trail riding, with more relaxed trail geometry (eg 67ish head angle etc)? I live in the Chilterns, so something that equally targets ups and down. Would prefer full suss over a hardtail, and a complete bike rather than building up parts. Any advice would be very much appreciated, thanks!

freddiest

I bought a whyte t-129s for £2099 and can’t fault it for the price. Fastest trail bike I’ve owned.

I’d also be looking at a giant anthem or trance if you don’t fancy the whyte.

z1ppy

Can only recommend them as starting points, so you’ve got the likes of the Vitus Escarpe and Boardman Pro (not as slack as you want or the Vitus), the Merida One-40 5-B seem worth considering/comparing others against. The likes the Whyte T-129 maybe slightly leftfield when 650B is now the “one to have”, but is a great bike IMO (… beaten to it).

_leon_
    Free Member

Thanks a lot for the suggestions – will look these up. Noted the 27.5/29 wheel sizes…

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Giant trance 2. 27.5 140mm. £1899.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Pauls Cycles. Fill yer boots.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bike purchase recommendations for ~£2k?’ is closed to new replies.