Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Bike Park Ireland
  • nickjb
    Free Member

Just planning our Irish trip (non biking) in a couple of weeks and noticed that Bike Park Ireland exists and we’ll be driving past. Anyone been? Any good? How does it compare to Bike Park Wales for quality and gnaar? We won’t have bikes but I see they do an uplift and bike rental package.

mountainman

Depending if you have more time to play also
    https://fatbikeadventures.ie/ these guys are worth a look up too.

Local guys rate bikepark Ireland well.
    Loads of scope on many paths n forestry as well and you very few bobble hat brigade over here,most walkers just lok at us in Awe.

simonb51
    Free Member

It’s ok.. most trails are about 2 to 2.5 minutes long and there is something for all. Don’t be thinking Its like BPW. Its 10/15 mins back up.

The other bike park outside Dublin woukd be slightly betterIMHO.

gerti
    Free Member

You’ll get about 25 runs in a full day of uplifts, if that helps compare to BPW. Good fun, but only the blacks have any Gnar, the blues and reds are flowy jumpyness. Great burger at lunchtime and all the craic on the uplift truck. Good for a bike fix in the middle of a non bike hol IMO.

honourablegeorge

As above… Good fun day, they’ve done a lot with a small hill. Flowy jumpy blues and reds and natural rooty blacks. Short, fun runs. Family owned, is a working farm otherwise. Rowan Sorrell built some of the trails.

andy4d

^^^ wot they said. It is a good day out but no BPW. The army trucks doing the uplift can be almost as enjoyable as the quick downs. They keep improving it though and i have always had a good day there. I usually do my cycling at the Ballyhoura Trail centre so bike park Ireland offers me something a bit different. Last time i was caught for time so just did a half day and still got about 10 or 12 runs in.

feed

Only been to BPW once, been to BPI a good few times (being Irish, living in Dublin). BPI definitely worth a day out, they’ve managed to put in some great trails on a very small hill. Runs are about 3-4 mins but uplift is much quicker than BPW and never queues (apart from waiting for the truck to get back down the hill). There’s also “The Gap” http://www.thegap.ie in Dublin mountains. Not sure if they rent bikes yet but you can rent bikes from biking.ie in ticnock, Dublin. Neither would have the trail length or variety of BPW but fun none the less.

simonb51
    Free Member

Yes the GAP rent bikes as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Bike Park Ireland’ is closed to new replies.