Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Bike Insurance with Worldwide Cover
  • ricko1984
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m going to New Zealand at the beginning of November for 6 months and need some insurance to cover the theft of my Lapierre Spicy.

I’ve already got some travel insurance but the company doesn’t seem to allow for high value items such as a bike.

Looking at the bike specific/ home contents insurance companies most don’t offer world wide cover (Outside Europe) on bikes for more than 60 days which is no good.

I should also probably mention that I no longer have a residential address in the uk (Been living at my parents house in France) so not likely to be eligible for uk insurance.

I really want to insure the bike but it seems almost impossible to do so.

If anybody knows of a way around this/ had similar problems it would be great to hear from you.

Cheers

Rich

sandwicheater

If you’re living in France check out a home policy over there with the bike specified.

Same with the travel insurance, you may be better off getting a policy in France. Most travel insurance policies (in Britain) stipulate you are a UK resident.

ricko1984
    Free Member

Aye cheers Sandwicheater, I’ve looked into the French companies as well but they seem to have similar limits on how long your bike is covered abroad.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Bike Insurance with Worldwide Cover’ is closed to new replies.