Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Bike garden storage?
  • walla24
    Free Member

New rental flat, with a walled rear garden with no side access but a very sturdy metal pipe I can motorbike chain to.

Looking at cheapish ways of keeping 3 bikes dry short of buying a shed (6month tenancy so need to take it with me!)

Like the look of a bike tent:
    on ebay for £40

What else could i go for?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My money would be in the flat…

jam-bo

cheap tarpaulin. Lidl were doing them a few weeks ago.

letmetalktomark

OT but I think the OP has solved my shed within a garage question 8)

scottfitz
    Free Member

jam bo – Member
    cheap tarpaulin. Lidl were doing them a few weeks ago.

this

walla24
    Free Member

Ha yeah I wish! but it has just been painted floor to ceiling white and new floors so inside is not on the cards sadly.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d potentially put the bike tent in the flat is there was room. Check what your insurance says.

dibboid
    Free Member

Lock them all together in your car and cover with a large throw/blanket and tint the windows out. or buy a van (mot failure) and sorn it.

Bregante
    ninfan
    Free Member

on Ebay for £40

Remarkably only £32 at Halfords! Bargin!

walla24
    Free Member

ninfan…yeah good spot I’v been in and picked one up, pretty impressed to be honest.

superfurryhead
    Free Member

In the house wrapped in tarp to protect decor?

gribble
    Free Member

Oxford products motorbike cover. Good sized one will cover 3 bikes easy and they have holes in which to lock the cover to the bikes. Lets the bikes breathe and relatively weather proof. Only good if you combine with a big ass lock and chain.

weeksy

I have the Bike Cave tent.

It’s WAY better than a generic cover/tarp as it keeps any moisture off the bikes, all covers seem to allow a small amount of seepage if in contact with the item, becasue the tent is totally off the bikes, it keeps them bone dry.

I’ve had mine for 18 months now, a couple of times i’ve snapped the poles, but they’re only £8 to get a new pole.

Highly recommended by me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Bike garden storage?’ is closed to new replies.