Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike dilema/gravity enduro/help.
  • ton

cant ride any distance at all, so i thought i would enter a few of the gravity enduro things (walk the uphills, ride the downs).
    only bike i have is my ventana 29r. it is built up very robustly (120mm bolt thru forks, saints, holm rims).
    so first question is will it be robust/tough enough for the gravity thing.

or should i buy a newer tougher bike more suitable?

it will not be used for much else to be honest.
    2nd part of this is, my lad needs a new bike to commute on, he cant afford one, so do i buy a new on one on the £199 mix n match thing for him.
    and just use my 29r for the gravity thing rather than wasting money on a bike that i wont hardly use. hence not wasting any more money.

sorry for rambling on, but my head is in bits at the mo.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

the latter.

Can you not put a longer travel fork on the ventana?

ton

Andy, if a good longer travel 29r fork was available i would.

DeeJay
    Free Member

No change on the health front then?

Stick with the Ventana – at least for the first one cos you might not like gravity enduros or they may be to much for you.

pastcaring
    Free Member

ride/push a couple of the enduros and then decide if you need another bike.
    i rode the mega coarse on a single speed, 24 inch wheeled, 100mm travel, hardtail.
    (short notice trip and my dh bike was getting refurbed and i didn’t want to miss out )
    people thought i was mad. didn’t set any records but i got down it. i could barely walk to the pub in the evenings tho

ton

Dave…………..no change on the health front mate.
    and that is a very good idea……..i might hate em. 😆

so i compramised, ordered a 20” on one mix n match thing for me to use to commute on, gave my lad my lht commuter cos he has to come further than me, and all is good. 8)

DeeJay
    Free Member

Good plan 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike dilema/gravity enduro/help.’ is closed to new replies.