Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • bike component tax
  • paladin

Does anyone else get levied with a tax on any bike parts they buy?
    I bought a secondhand frame for £50. This is costing me a Pandora charm for my good wife.

Now that I’m looking at components to go on the frame, she is now looking at new handbags…….

So to build a bike with £600 of parts, I’ll be looking at an outlay of well over a grand….

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Smart woman, your wife

scaled
    Free Member

Not in this house, I built up a rusty old inbred from the classifieds and the parts bin.

This means she get a new carbon fibre cross bike apparently!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Even smarter 🙂

creamegg
    Free Member

I bought an engagement ring which I use for justification for building up a custom Niner Air 9. Not sure which will have been more costly yet- probably the bike but only just

paladin

An engagement ring? Are you aware that marriage should follow this and how much it costs?

creamegg
    Free Member

yeah I’m aware of marriage. Means I get more bikes and a few trips to the alps. I may need to win the lottery first tho

scaredypants

as long as you both apply the same principles, you’ll be fine

shoes, handbags and (oh yeah !!) refitted kitchens all carry a benefit

(when we got engaged, I got a hifi; when we got married I got a watch instead of a ring)

bruneep

yeah I’m aware of marriage. Means I get more bikes and a few trips to the alps

Ha ha ha very good! Funniest thing on here for ages.

After 24 and a bit years of marriage to the current mrs bruneep I admire you optimism with what you think you’ll get away with once married, never mind the children factory later on.

DT78
    Free Member

I find I need to invest time rather than pay tax. Currently spending this perfect biking weekend redoing all the decking and generally sorting the garden whilst wife is out enjoying herself. I see this as a down payment towards my next CRC package.

If I haven’t invested enough I get a frown, tut and aura of disapproval.

jonba
    Free Member

My wife and I have joint finances for things that we buy together from food up to building work on the house and joint holidays. However, we also have our own money so that we don’t need to ask permission to spend money on what the other sees as frivolous items. I dispose of my income on bikes and she disposes hers on horse riding, spas etc.

Don’t understand people who need permission from their other halves. We discuss things and make plans but if there is something either of us really want to buy or do then we do.

Still no kids and both in work so these decisions are easier I guess.

totalshell

never asked for permission to buy anything so never been refused and certainly never paid a ‘tax’..

if i want i get.. if she wants she gets.. only criteria.. no debt.. simples..

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘bike component tax’ is closed to new replies.