Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • BIK on BEV with “fuel” card?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

If I take the job offer, it comes with a BEV which at 2% BIK is a pretty good deal.

It also comes with a “fuel” card. What I don’t seem to be able to see on line, is if there is any additional BIK for that. It looks like there might not be. Anyone know for certain?

bensales
    Free Member

HMRC don’t regard electricity as fuel (yet!), so no BIK.

https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/employment-income-manual/eim23900

bentandbroken

In a traditional ICE Company car, the fuel card is seen as an additional benefit and is taxed quite heavily.

I am not sure why you need a Fuel card for a BEV though, unless you actually mean it is a hybrid that may occasionally need fuel?

IHN

Go on, I’ll ask, BEV?

blokeuptheroad

I am not sure why you need a Fuel card for a BEV though

Don’t you have to pay to use fast chargers? Presumably some accept fuel cards? I’m guessing here, I don’t own a BEV though I would like to.

Go on, I’ll ask, BEV?

Battery electric vehicle – fully electric as opposed to hybrid.

IHN

Battery electric vehicle – fully electric as opposed to hybrid.

Well, there you go. Every day is a school day

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thanks folks. Reassuring to know it’s a “free” perk for the time being.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Onzadog, if it’s possible at your house, it might be worth asking them if they’ll provide a home charger (with it’s own little sub meter for you to claim against). It benefits them with cheaper electric, benefits you with the convenience of charging overnight at home (rather than finding and sitting at public chargers).

Onzadog
    Free Member

It sounds like they have multiple chargers at all their work sites. Charge while you work. Top up when needed on the road.

spooky_b329

I am not sure why you need a Fuel card for a BEV

For public charging.

I’ve just been given a company EV van.

Option 1 – pay up front and claim back
    Option 2 – use a fuel card such as chargepoint or all-star so I can tap and charge on the company account (home charging is the normal charging method)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.