Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Bibs with storage – what’s good at the moment?
  • rOcKeTdOg

I have the roam cargo, the three back pockets are great for when it gets too warm & you need to fully unzip your jersey rendering the pockets useless. Do however, if putting your phone in the back pocket put it in something sweatproof

dti

Just received a pair of the rivelo ones from sports pursuits
    Very good so far

belugabob
    Free Member

Whilst the concept of cargo bibs doesn’t appeal to me, I’d like to suggest that the Galibier cargo bibs are added to the list.

I’ve bought several of their products now, and am very impressed with the price, quality and customer service

https://www.galibier.cc/product/liberte/

prezet
    Free Member

Giro liner bib shorts. I have a couple of pairs and they’re great.
    https://www.giro.co.uk/products/detail/GI31BAS/base-liner-bib-shorts/?ng=341

jimdubleyou

If you want liner shorts, madison is the go to, just for the name- Flux Capacity…

https://www.freewheel.co.uk/madison-flux-capacity-men-s-liner-bib-shorts-varcla100

I like the Roam roadie shorts too.

burko73

I got the Rapha ones a while back and they’re great, the brevet rather than core. Not cheap but excellent quality and the pockets on the legs are great for phone/ snacks etc. I only really regularly use leg pockets and the back pockets only on occasions where I’m taking extra stuff but they were ok paired with my morvelo overland shorts. The only issue I’d have with the bibs are that the legs are a little long as I’m a shortarse.

mashr

just for the name- Flux Capacity…

You had me at the name! The fact that they are also only £25 right now means it’s be rude not to

oikeith

My SWAT bibs needed replacing earlier this year and I was looking at getting the Bontrager Troslo, but found a pair of SWATs in Belarus so ordered those instead.

Treks might be next though as decent price with SWAT bibs going up in price and look very similar.

belugabob
    Free Member

@burko73 – I don’t think that this applies to their cargo shorts, but the Galibier peleton bib shorts come in three different leg lengths, which attracted me, as I also have short legs.
    Very pleased with mine – good fit, comfy pad, and very competitively priced

beer247
    Free Member

+1 for the Nukeproof ones, still going strong after a few years.

Also had a pair of Sombrio ones a while back however the pockets were quite fragile and quickly developed holes.

igm

Anyone do them with a zipped pocket for keys or even phones?

Yes, I’m paranoid.

wait4me

You could hold me upside down by my ankles and nothing would fall out of my Rapha cargo. I do put my phone and key in a (rapha obviously) purse that makes everything snug and waterproof.

igm

I know.

Still paranoid.

I have the Rapha winter cargo tights (end of season deal) and they have two zipped and two open pockets.

Just wondered if any of the shorts out there were similar.

martinhutch

Having landed on my side with an asthma inhaler in my pocket, there’s no way I’d have one (or a pump or multitool) in a back pocket. How about sticking the minipump on the frame and putting the other hard bits in a small top-tube bag?

nickc

Just had a look on the Morvelo site, and is it just me, or does it look a bit sparse? They seemed to have almost no MTB stuff (just a couple of jerseys) almost all of it is roadie stuff, even the overland part has huge gaps in stock.

Are they on hard times?

MoreCashThanDash

Just had a look on the Morvelo site, and is it just me, or does it look a bit sparse? They seemed to have almost no MTB stuff (just a couple of jerseys) almost all of it is roadie stuff, even the overland part has huge gaps in stock.

Are they on hard times?

There’s been a bit of a supply chain crisis in recent months pretty much everywhere. Nandos running out of chicken doesn’t affect me, but cycle kit does.

NewRetroTom

Has anyone tried the Assos Trail? €150 but I am sure they will be good.

karnali
    Free Member

Those Madison flux a pure liner or could they be worn by themselves on a warm day?

spawnofyorkshire

I bought the Endura Singletrack 2’s in the end. As with others I’ve had fit issues, mainly the length of the body pulling down on my shoulders.
    It’s well made and the pockets and chammy are great, but if you are long in the body then look elsewhere.

I’ll be looking at other options

RichBowman

I’ve a pair of the Maddison Flux – they’re very good (better than the much more expensive Gore equivalent) and are fine being worn by themselves.

karnali
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me if the Madison roam have hip pockets as well as back pockets, hot the flux and a good fit but may return for the roams if they have more storage options, won’t need both

fazzini

DHB have some too on Wiggle… £45

Trail storage bibs

sowler
    Free Member

Adidas have just released some gravel bibs with pockets. No idea how good they are. Tempted to try them out though.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Bibs with storage – what’s good at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.