Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bfe seat tube help
  • hooja
    Free Member

Just bought a bfe off here and a 31.6 seat post, only problem is it doesnt fit!
    Its too tight and i cant even get it in, the tube is definately 31.6 as my 30.9 post is definately too small, any ideas?
    cheers

bikeryder85
    Free Member

I would check a couple of things…first, if you bought it second hand make sure that you know what year of bfe it is. The new one has the 31.6, the old one is smaller (I’m not sure by how much tho sorry). Second make sure there is no paint overhang at the top of the seattube or in the keyed slot, and third check to make sure there is no coating on the inside of the tube (frame saver, ect.) or corrosion of anykind.
    Also can you get the post to get in there at all? Maybe even a little bit?

epicsteve
    Free Member

The old BFe was a 30.9 – or at least mine is!

wwaswas

measure the seatpost. I bought a ‘26.8’ seatpost off here which turned out to be a 27.2…

hooja
    Free Member

It is the older 853 bfe, but my 30.9 thompson post is definately too small.
    Yes i can get it in little bit but only with the seat clamp off.
    The post i bought is an easton ec70 with 31.6 printed on it.
    I would have thought either my 30.9 or the 31.6 would fit but neither do, something has gone awry

letmetalktomark

I experienced similar with a steel frame recently – not a Cotic though.

My problem was caused by the slit in the ST where the clamp sits had been overtightened and so the correct sized post was too tight.

With a little patience I eased out the opening and bobs your uncle …

Maybe its this?

hooja
    Free Member

AAAArgh…
    Im a tard, the thompson post from my alpitude is 30.0, i was convinced it was 30.9.
    Anyone want to swap a 31.6 ec70 for a 30.9, same or thompson?

Speshpaul

And relax,,,,,,,,:-)

geetee1972
    Free Member

Hooja, I have a fairly new, but scratched SDG 27.2mm post (400mm) long on eBay currently. I don’t expect it to sell for much because it is quite badly scratched but still perfectly functionable. I also have a shim to take it up to 30.9mm.

If you want to save money on the seatpost drop me a mail and I will give you a mates rates price to help you out. There are no bids on it currently so won’t be a problem to cancell it.

hooja
    Free Member

cheers geetee but i dont have an ibeam saddle and dont really want to swap saddles. Cheers for the offer though.
    Note to self: must relax and check things properly before rushing on here shouting help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bfe seat tube help’ is closed to new replies.