Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Best way to watch Het Nieuwsblad this weekend?
  • Raouligan
    Free Member

Eurosport/GCN don’t have any coverage any suggestions for the best way to watch?

slowoldman

I haven’t come across any so if anyone has, I’d be pleased to know too. Very disappointed that Eurosport and/or or GCN don’t have it this year.

gouldylocks
    Free Member

Tiz-cycling should have a stream

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Eurosport/GCN don’t have any coverage any suggestions for the best way to watch?

What? Really? It’s Opening Weekend! Do you know if they have KBK? Watching this thread with interest…

weeksy

KBK is on on Sunday yes.

Seems to be some sking/winter world champs taking over.

13thfloormonk

Foregone conclusion anyway? MvdP obviously on winning form, has just pulled out of Tour of UAE to come home in time for Het Nieuwsblad?

Will do my usual and stick head in sand until highlights turn up on Eurosport 3 or 4 days later… 😁

scaredypants

VdP’s team pulled out supposedly due to a +ve covid test – difficult for him/them to line up so soon after saying that

dovebiker

Find yourself a VPN, pretend you’re in Belgium and watch it on Sporza.be or find a link on Cyclingfans

willyboy
    Free Member

I dont think Mvdp (or any alpecin fenix riders) would be allowed to ride Het Niewsblad as the UAE tour is still on until Saturday, and you can’t transfer to alternative uci races if the previous race hasn’t finished.
    Technically he could ride KBK but seeing they’ve had covid cases I’d guess not.

13thfloormonk
    weeksy

I guess it will depend on interprtation of the rule, he wasn’t asking to transfer, he was forced to leave so that may swing it for him ?

Plus, the sponsors etc will i imagine be quite inclined to have someone of his standing in the event for sure !

willyboy
    Free Member

Good point. Seems as they were pulled from UAE it’s up to the organisers and the UCI to use discretion.

scaredypants

Eurosport (but NOT GCN) is listing Het Nieuwsblad as upcoming, men from 13:00 and women from 15:30 on 27th

slowoldman

Phew. I’ll get some beers in.

stevious

Looks like it’s confirmed for GCN as well (unsurprisingly as they’re part of the same org now)

sl2000

My Eurosport Black Friday subscription has gone out of sync because of the free months for coronavirus and is expiring soon. Can get GCN for £20. But…

Eurosport (but NOT GCN) is listing Het Nieuwsblad as upcoming, men from 13:00 and women from 15:30 on 27th

Does this mean GCN doesn’t have all the races Eurosport does? Any other reason to stick with Eurosport or switch to GCN? (I don’t watch anything other than cycling on Eurosport.)

Edit – I’ve replied on old page without refreshing and see from later posts that it is on GCN after all. I guess that GCN does have all the cycling Eurosport does so I’m OK to sign up for it?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

You can’t watch GCN on the big telly or even a laptop, it’s mobile only unless you cast it or whatever.

aP
    Free Member

Oh, it was only 2 years ago that we went there. Watched it. Rode it. Was wet though. But the local beer was good.

t3ap0t
    Free Member

I just moved from Eurosport to gcn and you can watch on a laptop via browser and use Chromecast. So no reason to stay with Eurosport unless you’re into their other sports.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

You can’t watch GCN on the big telly or even a laptop, it’s mobile only unless you cast it or whatever.

This is wrong,I plug the HDMI lead from my laptop into the HDMI port on the television.
    Been watching lots of CX this way without any problems.
    £ 20 for a year’s sub utter bargain.

jonba
    Free Member

GCN+ which includes all the races and some cycling films is £20 until the end of the month. Absolute bargain in my view. Got my moneys worth at £40 watching the CX season.

I can watch it on a tablet/phone, cast to the TV. I believe there is an android and apple TV app if not right now, in the near future.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

This is wrong,I plug the HDMI lead from my laptop into the HDMI port on the television.
    Been watching lots of CX this way without any problems.
    £ 20 for a year’s sub utter bargain.

Cool, I didn’t realise that had changed – being limited to phone/casting was one of my gripes with the service when I first subscribed.

weeksy

Het Nieuwsblad isn’t showing on TV version of Eurosport until 1am according to the current schedule on Sky. Maybe it’s only live on Eurosport app ?

stevious

Looks like there’s no MvdP to tear everyone’s legs off:

https://twitter.com/inrng/status/1364850016775532544?s=21

sl2000

No reason to stay with Eurosport unless you’re into their other sports.

Perfect thanks 🙂

wait4me

Looks like it’s live on Eurosport tomorrow, followed by coverage of the ladies. At least that’s what’s showing on my planner.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Best way to watch Het Nieuwsblad this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.