Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • best way to make a vector illustrator wavy/curvy
  • Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

got a tyre tread made up in vector I want to make it wavey and add some perspective, what is the best method?

MrSmith
    Free Member

warp tool and/or puppet warp, perspective tool in photoshop

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

wanted to keep it in vector, the warp and other one aren’t cutting it either

binners

The two things you want to do, are the few things Illustrator doesn’t do very well. But then its in the nature of vector files that you wouldn’t normally want to do that much too them.

It does sound like you’re well into photoshop territory there though.

gatsby
    Free Member

Not sure if I’ve interpreted it right, but are you after making wavy tire tracks? You could copy a small section and paste it as text on a path… Then just muck about with the kerning til it looks like a tire track.

You could then apply whatever bevel/emboss filter suits your needs.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Not sure if I’ve interpreted it right, but are you after making wavy tire tracks? You could copy a small section and paste it as text on a path…

how is that possible if it’s text on a path tool and i’m trying to copy in a vector shape?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i’ve downloaded a tyre brush tool 😀

gatsby
    Free Member

how is that possible if it’s text on a path tool and i’m trying to copy in a vector shape?

Apologies, I’ve just tried this and it no longer works. It used to – in the good old days of Illustrator…

You can still do it in Indesign – you just copy a vector graphic (or anything) and paste it into a text box. You can then apply this to a path. It then treats it as text, you can kern, resize, baseline-shift with completely reckless abandon.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

cheers. I’m happy with my brush, but will give this a go too.

M6TTF
    Free Member

wave at it enthusiastically, it should wave in return

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘best way to make a vector illustrator wavy/curvy’ is closed to new replies.