Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Best U2 Album?
  • Soup
    Free Member

For those who actually like U2, myself included, what do you think their best album was. I prefer their earlier stuff – pre 1990. Rattle and Hum is a blinder imo.

johnhoo
    Free Member

Boy

mrmojo
    Free Member

October

brakes
    Free Member

I’ve got Joshua Tree on a tape that doesn’t work anymore
    I prefer it that way

mrmo
    Free Member

october

kona_uk
    Free Member

I liked their last album ‘How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb ‘

But my favs are Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby.

fubar
    Free Member

achtung baby was a good album…I lost interest after that

johnners
    Free Member

They peaked at Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby was the point after which they disappeared up their own arses, in my opinion anyway.

Drac

Their last one when it finally happens.

roundwheels
    Free Member

none of them they are all crap

emac65
    Free Member

I’ve never really liked their albums that much tbh,they’re ok at best.
    Saw them live a few years back & thought they were amazing though.Infact I’d go as far to say that you really have to see them live to fully appreciate how good they actually are..

Fozlett

The Unforgettable Fire and Joshua Tree for me.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Another vote for Boy here. Although Live at Red Rocks is good.

Saw them live at the Lyceum in the Strand in London. They were incredible.

montylikesbeer

boy

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

War

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Liked them up to and including the Joshua Tree then they lost it. Just finished listening to their latest album on Spotify- its totally forgettable. Time to go and spend some more time with your money lads.

Pauly

Unforgettable Fire

timdrayton
    Free Member

loved the unforgetable fire and for me the joshua tree is the best album i have ever heard.

still get the standy up neck hair when where the streets have no name comes on.

liked achtung baby very much, then slightly less so every album from then on.

indifferent about their current stuff, and i was a U2 obsessive….

would rather they stopped several albums ago if i am honest, bono laying on the audience on jonathon ross, was a bit cringeworthy also….

timdrayton
    Free Member

oh, and “lady with the spinning head” anyone? bloody love that song off the one ep….

vinnyeh

enjoyed them all up to and including unforgettable fire- then I sort of lost interest for some reason – still liked some of the music, but the albums were getting a bit ott fro my punk fuelled background.

I saw them for the first time in Christchurch in 1984, still on my top 5 gigs of all time- it was the first time they played ‘Pride’ live, but rather curiously the intros to the songs were still taken word for word from Under a Blood Red Sky. Bloody amazing atmosphere though, seeing them in a (relatively speaking) intimate 2500 audience.

julianwilson
    Free Member

unforgettable fire for fond memories of the Mullet at its prime.

but putting hair’cuts’ aside, Zooropa.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Best U2 Album?’ is closed to new replies.