Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best place to sell late 90’s High End road bikes/kit?
  • zerogreg
    Free Member

My Father has come to the decision that he is no longer going to be using his road bikes – all high end kit from around the late 90’s e.g. Alan frame with Campag kit and has asked me to sell on for him as he isn’t very tech savvy.

Where would be the best place to sell it all? I thought about eBay, but last time I sold stuff on there I got stung with a load of selling fees along with the endless messages of BIN price etc.  Are there any forums etc that I can list the stuff on?

Any help would be appreciated.

Greg

tomhoward

Are there any forums etc that I can list the stuff on?

Well, there is one

oh, and retrobike

zerogreg
    Free Member

Well, there is one

Didn’t really think the kit would be of much interest to the crowd on here…

Will give Retrobike a go 🙂

aP
    Free Member

Tell us what it is and you’d be surprised how many might be interested. hint hint.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Didn’t really think the kit would be of much interest to the crowd on here…

You’re right, everyone hates bikes on here! 😆

eastcoastmike
    Free Member

A work colleague with a massive stable of niche bikes sold a few via the cyclechat.net site

kerley
    Free Member

I would use eBay as you have an audience 10,000 times what you have on a forum.  You will still likely get more money after fees than you would elsewhere and not sure how you got stung as the fees are known up front.

orangeboy
    Free Member

What do you have to get rid of ? Many of us here do like a nice retro ish road bike.

Got to worth putting an add up on here

Ive always got good money for nice older road bits on eBay just factor in the fees when pricing your stuff

ctk
    Free Member

retrobike

lfgss

or wait til eBay send you a max selling fee offer.

TiRed

If it is very high end (Record) then try

https://roadcycleexchange.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best place to sell late 90’s High End road bikes/kit?’ is closed to new replies.