• This topic has 45 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by O.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • BEST METALLICA ALBUM
  • mollski
    Free Member

got to be MASTER OF PUPPETS

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I second that. It's the most prog one.

grahamt1980

S&M for me, the orchestra makes the music even better

philsimm
    Free Member

wouldn't you say ….and Justice for all is the most prog one?

simonlovell999
    Free Member

+1, master of puppets

MrsToast
    Free Member

Master of Puppets, with Ride the Lightning a close second.

AndyA
    Free Member

I'm with Mrs Toast

Kuco

Still waiting for it 😉

naokfreek
    Free Member

Either RTL or MOP …been caining them lately, both excellent but in different ways!!

angeldust
    Free Member

Master of Puppets, by a mile. One of the best albums ever imo.

TN
    Free Member

RTL was my first Metallica album and has always been my favourite.
    I do like …AJFA though.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Ride the Lightening then Master of Puppets for me. The first five are all good albums though

toss
    Free Member

Now then Gentlemen and Ladies. I happen to know for a fact its Death Magnetic! 😉 This album is already a classic, with back to basics, balls out metal & is what Metallica is all about. If you don't love it yet… Oh, you WILL. T

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Nobody's mentioned Kill Em All yet? That's clearly the best one, let's be honest.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Call of Cthulu" trumps anything on "And Justice for All" in the prog stakes IMO.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Huge rock n metal fan but I have never really got on with metallica (although I have the black album and master of puppies). So can I say none?

So what is the bestest metal album? Sabotage? Iron Maiden? Back in Black?

Curly68
    Free Member

Kill 'em all for me. But have been listening to MOP recently!

Eccles
    Free Member

Y'see, I'm really liking Death Magnetic at the moment as well. It kinda sounds like I remember Metallica sounding, whereas what Metallica sounded like doesn't sound like what I'm sure Metallica sounded like when I first got into the Metallica sound.

I think maybe Metallica have invented a time machine and there's a Metallica paradox where now Metallica have gone back to mellow then Metallica's sound but later Metallica have sent the JH2000 back to try and stop now Metallica meddling with then Metallica whilst simultaneously bringing then Metallica forward into now to make sure that later Metallica can still build the JH2000 then.

Regardless, it's a pretty strong album.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

Master of Puppets was ahead of its time. PERIOD

Played loud in the car still sounds fresh now!

Love it

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Depends on how you define 'metal.' By your albums there I'll say best 'heavy rock' album is really the issue.

In that case I would say volume 4 for me!

crocodilian
    Free Member

Black album and …And Justice For All.

Death Magnetic has been getting a few more plays recently.

allyharp

I love …And Justice for All but Master of Puppets just edges it as best all round album.

lagerfanny
    Free Member

just looked through my box of old tickets and I first saw them with Cliff on the Masters tour on the 20th Sep '86 at the Brum Odeon for £4.50 !!!

crocodilian
    Free Member

I have found myself listening to more Megadeth (or MegaDave) recently. They have some musical atrocities (A Tout le Monde being the worst) but still have a vast amount of great songs…and come on, Rust in Peace is the best surely? More metal than Metallica?

Discuss….

Sorry for the slight hijack.

MOP's the best.

AJFA could have been, but the production is SHEEEEITE.

If you want prog, give The Mars Volta a spin. Their singers not as PIIIISH as James Hetfield. 😐

crocodilian
    Free Member

Underground Resistance. I've just been giving "The Bedlam in Goliath" and "Frances The Mute" a listen. Great band. I take it you're a fan of At The Drive In too? The Mars Volta kind of remind me of a more structured Mr Bungle.

Croc – the Mars Volta are possibly the best live band I've ever seen. 😯
    The albums you mention are very good, but check out their debut – 'Deloused In The Comatorium' – bridges the gap between ATDI's edge with more proggy stuff. A real desert island disc.
    Mr Bungle? Dog Rastafari! Do you know, that you're a fucckin dog? Quality. 😀

Northwind

MOP. Clearly. AJFA, Ride the Lightning and Death Magnetic all vying for the remaining places. And I do love S&M, it's ridiculous but it worked out somehow. Death Magnetic with a bit more restraint- ie at least one song under 5 minutes- and maybe just one or two extra solid songs, would be a strong contender.

I think there's as many bad Metallica albums as great ones though, Load might have got pelters but I'd sooner listen to it than Kill Em All, Hetfield sounds like he's about 8 on that one.

freeman
    Free Member

Master Of Puppets gets another vote!! Orion has to be the best instrumental ever.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Nobody's mentioned Kill Em All yet? That's clearly the best one, let's be honest.

+1

Northwind

The Orion fans have probably already seen this, but just in case… This is ace.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzC_YhLIOYc

loddrik
    Free Member

Master of puppets without doubt.

Daffy

1.) Black for me I'm afraid. I like it all.
    2.) S&M
    3.) Reload
    4.) Load
    5.) MOP

tom84
    Free Member

ride the lightening is definitely the best, it is the one where they are trying hardest and putting the most on the line, MOP is fantastic though. i tend to find myself only listening to …and justice for 'one'. I LOVE the photo of them on the inside of kill em all.

Marmoset
    Free Member

S&M just edges The Black Album for me…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Depends on how you define 'metal.' By your albums there I'll say best 'heavy rock' album is really the issue.
    In that case I would say volume 4 for me!

Sabbath were one the first bands 'metal' was used to describe, Maiden clearly metal, AC/DC the only one you could possibly say are rock.

mollski
    Free Member

BEST MAIDEN = POWERSLAVE

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

POWERSLAVE

:-O

The track is amazing but too many duds for me on that album. I still prefer the DiAnno stuff – for me it has stood the test of time more (still can't wait for the expected tour this autumn/next spring).

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But Vol4 ^^^ – a great call. For me Sabbath (with Ozzy) are the best metal/rock band ever.

In fact possibly one of my fave bands of all time.

london_lady
    Free Member

has to be the Black album for me – although I did come across a bloke on youtube playing Enter Sandman on the kazoo which brings a whole new take on the song.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘BEST METALLICA ALBUM’ is closed to new replies.