Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Best Lightweight Shower/Water Proof Jacket
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

preferably very small and compact, around 30-50 quid if possible? whatcha’ got?

dont want it to be to mega thick, a really slim/thin will suffice, more so just for downpours/showers etc through the summer!

cheers!

thebunk

I’ve got Montane Mountain rescue waterproof – packs to the size of a tennis ball, pretty good weather resistance though it wicks water up the sleeves in a downpour. £50, £27 is donated to mountain rescue. 8)

Stoner
    Free Member
    gazc
    Free Member

got the montane smock, super light but not the most waterproof but ideal to keep showers/wind off. doubles up as a windproof jacket as well, great with a gilet

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hmmm liking the pack down size of the velo, is it really that good? cant imagine it being so being that small and thin?

how does it endure the rain? does it soak through easily? i know its not going to be amazingly waterproof, and i accept at that size and price its never going to keep huge amounts of rain at bay….but say i pack it throughout the summer, and it has a downpour, will it keep my arms warm and will it keep the jersey dry underneath?

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Another to throw into the mix is the paramo fuera windproof jacket. Wash in nikwax tx direct and it will withstand rain for about an hour(depending how heavy obviously).Packs down small though not as much as the montane. On the flip side I think that it’s a bit more robust and would probably survive a spill better.
    HTH

BadlyWiredDog

Lightweight windproof jackets generally have a bit of water resistance, particularly when new, but they’ll only keep light showers off – any more and you’ll get soaked.

If you want more water resistance, you need something water proof, but for a maximum of 50 quid you won’t get anything that’s much cop unless you manage to pick up a reduced bargain or something second hand. Same price you’ll get something wind proof and shower resistant that’d decent, but you won’t get a lot of water resistance beyond light shower use.

100mphplus
    Free Member

I have one of these;
    http://rogelli.co.uk/shopping-cart?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=29&category_id=20

Packs down really small in it’s own pocket and fits in a cycling jersey pocket back pocket.

I have a few Rogelli items and all are quality clothing really cheap.

sambob
    Free Member

Inov-8 mistlite is pretty good, not too breathable but very waterproof and lasts ages.

boxelder

Altura pocket rocket – waterproof, very small, and not much over £50.
    I’ve got the nightvision version with extra scotchlite.

Karl33to
    Free Member

another vote for the montane velo here,
    its never going to replace a proper waterproof, but it is excellent if you get caught out

shredder
    Free Member

Second the Pocket Rocket way more waterproof than the Montane it replaced and only slightly larger packed. Still small enough for a jersey pocket.

singletrackmind

Altura Pocket Rocket at £49.95 at JE James atm. So, Small, waterproof and bang on the money.
    Will buy one myself as its something that will definatly get used .

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

liking that pocket rocket, read a few reviews and very positive!

whats the sizing like? im probably gonna get one of these, is 50 quid as cheap as it can be had for?

audiophile
    Free Member

OMM Kamleika here, best waterproof I’ve owned. The thumb loops make all the difference.

avdave2

I’ve just bought the Velo featherlite from Cyclestore for £40.
    I’ve not had a chance to use it yet but one thing to note is that they do size up quite small.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Best Lightweight Shower/Water Proof Jacket’ is closed to new replies.