• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by anusha-spam.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Best flower delivery companies?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Wife’s birthday this week and want to send some to her work. Who gives best value for money?

juanking

http://www.clareflorist.co.uk

Without a doubt, used them for many years and always been excellent.

nemesis
    Free Member

eflorist.co.uk have been good for me and do fairly significant quidco discounts most of the time.

binners

Pfft! Florists indeed! Every bloke knows that nothing says I love you like calling in at the 24 hour garage on the way home from the pub….

loddrik
    Free Member

Yeah but at least this way no one will see me buying them. I’m not some sort of a sissy you know…

Cougar

I’ve usually used local independents whenever I’ve done it, just Googled for whoever’s closest. I’ve always been impressed with the flowers and service compared to the chains.

Can’t recommend a specific florist I’m afraid, your wife’s probably moved since.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Local indy every time.

Used interflora for a guide for budgeting for our wedding

When we went into the shop”an interflora dealer” we got the same stuff for much less- button holes -2 quid each instead of 8.50 and the centre piece for the top table was 30 instad of 60 !

loddrik
    Free Member

thegreatape
    Free Member

bunches.co.uk are good

flowergirl
    Free Member

As others have said, find a local florist. If you use a relay company like interflora, then everyone takes their cut. The florist taking the order, the company itself and the florist who actually delivers the flowers needs to make a profit! Much better value to go direct, plus if you give them a basic idea of colours or flowers they can use best quality and value in their shop on the day.

bearnecessities

Local Florist – Will give you the best presented bunch, bar none. They can make a £30 bunch look like a £60 bunch, and who doesn’t love supporting a small business. They can make a £60 bunch look like something incredible!

Interflora etc – Obscene, and although you still get a local florist at the end, you just get ‘better’ if you walk in, talk and ask for some nice wraper/ribbony stuff. As others have said, everyone takes their cut. (pun)

Debenhams/M&S flowers – good kit and amazing value, but a bit too functional.

Ultimately, using a local florist that does nice leisurely runs will always win the day. Getting flowers to a woman in an office is more about the whole experience for them – what lady wouldn’t love someone in a little van rocking up to their office, having to get through reception and causing some commotion and interest from the other woman in the process, all wondering who they are for, to then present a beautifully created bunch of flowers to your intended?

It’s not just the flowers, it’s the “F*** YOU BITCHES – LOOK HOW LOVED I AM!!”

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Where are you Loddrik?

bearnecessities

stumpy01

Used bunches.co.uk for yrs and always been great.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I’ve always found that m&s flowers last far longer than any independents

br
    Free Member

+1 local Indy

loddrik
    Free Member

Thanks chaps. I think I will pop in to my local then leave them at her works reception myself.

konabunny
    Free Member

I’ve usually used local independents whenever I’ve done it, just Googled for whoever’s closest. I’ve always been impressed with the flowers and service compared to the chains.
    Always use local. Click interflora’s 50 quid summer arrangement and the local supplier will get 25 quid and be expected to send around a bunch of flowers that they don’t have in stock.

Much better to call up someone decent locally and say “I’ve got 40 quid – make a bunch of whatever you have that looks biggest and heathiest now”

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Best flower delivery companies?’ is closed to new replies.