Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Best Dropper lever <£50
  • phil5556

Should I just get the One Up lever to go with my new Brand X post?

Or other thoughts on what’s the best option for a lever that will mount on a SRAM Matchmaker clamp please?

Cheers 🙂

thered

E13 lever is excellent

ceept

No complaints with the ZTTO ones we’ve had from AliExpress (cheaper) or eBay(quicker).

ta11pau1

The newest oneup lever is very very good, with a very light action and colour coordinated thumb pads if that’s your thing.

davros

Bontrager line elite. Inexpensive and comes with SRAM/Shimano/bar mount.

teethgrinder

Bontrager line elite is ok. New OneUp v3 pisses all over it.

phil5556

No complaints with the ZTTO ones we’ve had from AliExpress (cheaper) or eBay(quicker).

Mounts to SRAM matchmaker?

martinhutch

Crank Brothers Highline is decent. You can adjust the lever angle relative to the bar. Still using it long after ditching the terrible CB post.

jonba
    Free Member

Bit of a hijack but there are two types of levers. The normal ones like those that have been discussed but on my bike with lockout stuff on the left side (or those with front mechs!!!!) whats good. This style

nickjb
    Free Member

Jonba, I have mine on the right due to mobility issues in my left thumb and use that kind of lever. It’s works well. I also have used a conventional lever mounted upside down and that was ok too. Not as neat, but functional.

P20

Happy with my ZTTO from Ali express

martinhutch

Bit of a hijack but there are two types of levers. The normal ones like those that have been discussed but on my bike with lockout stuff on the left side (or those with front mechs!!!!) whats good. This style

The adjustability of the Crank Bros lever I mentioned above means that I can run it above the bar with a Fox twin lever lockout below. I used to have a lever like the one in your picture, but it always seemed not quite near enough. EDIT: Plus I could never get the cables to run nicely away from it.

phil5556

Thanks all. I’ve gone for the Wolf Tooth from Sigma – cheers @escrs Blew my budget by £1 🙄

nickfrog
    Free Member

Sounds like a solid choice.

Has anyone tried the Shimano MT500? Sounds like good value at £23.

chakaping
    Free Member

Bontrager line elite.

This is what I got for my last build, very impressed and I can’t fault it for the money (about £26 IIRC).

Crank Brothers Highline is decent. You can adjust the lever angle relative to the bar. Still using it long after ditching the terrible CB post.

What did you not like about the Highline post? I have one and it’s a bit slow to return but has been faultless. It feels very well engineered.

nickc

Thanks all. I’ve gone for the Wolf Tooth from Sigma

Oh, rats, I came on the thread to say that while the wolf tooth one works just fine, I can’t get it at an angle I like, and the serration on the pad is severe enough to make it uncomfortable to use over a few hours. FWP fo’shure, but I wouldn’t buy another.

FOG

I have a ZTTO and the Shimano. The Shimano is better and good value. It’s easy to set up , light and so far durable.

martinhutch

What did you not like about the Highline post? I have one and it’s a bit slow to return but has been faultless. It feels very well engineered.

Developed really bad lateral play very quickly and stopped returning completely. The rebuild kit (£35) solved it, but only for a few months, so I stuck the original RaceFace Aeffect dropper back on. It’s quite heavy in comparison, too.

vmgscot

Has anyone tried the Shimano MT500? Sounds like good value at £23.

Yes, came on my Orbea eeb – only run since June but worked flawlessly and comfy (nice rounded edges on the lever, etc). I prefer it to the ZTTO on another bike. Only thing is I am not sure if it runs on a bearing or bush so we will see what durability is like.

chakaping
    Free Member

Developed really bad lateral play very quickly and stopped returning completely. The rebuild kit (£35) solved it, but only for a few months, so I stuck the original RaceFace Aeffect dropper back on. It’s quite heavy in comparison, too.

That’s disappointing, I know their original droppers were diabolically bad and that they were claiming to have over-engineered the Highline to compensate.

phil5556

Does the One Up fit directly to a SRAM Matchmaker clamp/bracket or do you have to use the One Up part? It looks like it should but not sure if the angle is slightly different or the thread etc?

phil5556

🙂

Tbh now I’ve got it I think I might have preferred the One Up, I watched a few videos comparing them and think it looks better. It feels better than the Brand X and it’s one less clamp on the bars.

But anyway, it’s time to ride it now 😎

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.