Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Best cheap android phone
  • Ewan
    Free Member

Anyone have a view on what the current best cheap android phone is? Priorities are biggish screen and decent camera.

Dropped my Moto g60s down the loo today, and whilst it is ‘water resistant’ it’s evidently not ‘waterproof’!

I think someone managed elephone recently, but can’t find the thread.

dannybgoode

Define cheap.

nickjb
    Free Member

Have a look on HotUKDeals. There is usually a phone or two on there and if you read the comments and get past the bickering (almost as bad as here) then there will be some useful comments on the deal. I ended up with a xiaomi redmi note which has been great for the money. No real issues, it just works. I’d say the camera is OK rather than good but the pics come out fine and it has a macro and wide angle lens.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/mobile-phone

IHN

Pixel 3a. That’s what I use, it’s perfectly fine, camera’s decent, and can be got for about £100.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Plenty of Xiaomi phones at great specs and prices
    https://www.mi.com/uk/index.html

johnnystorm

Echo the HUKD suggestion above if you aren’t fussed by a specific brand.

While the Pixel 3a was good in its day Google updates/support is guaranteed beyond May 2022 so I wouldn’t recommend getting one.

Ewan
    Free Member

Cheers all, ended up ordering a nord 2 phone off hukd.

Kryton57

How good / guaranteed is the HUDK thing? There’s a 13 mini im tempted by yet it links to an eBay site, can it be trusted?

nickjb
    Free Member

It’s just like a PSA on here. Someone finds a deal and posts it. Its up to you see if the seller is ok. I’d trust HUKD a fair bit as anything dodgy will be taken down pretty quickly though as it is a very active website with a lot of users but they don’t offer any kind of protection. Have a read through the comments for previous buyers. You are also pretty well protected buying through ebay

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Best cheap android phone’ is closed to new replies.