Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Best car rack for full susser
  • HB47

I now have a full susser and the first problem is it with neither fit on my Maxx rack or my saris rack

What rack would people recommend ( 3 bike ) either tow bar or boot mounted

DeeJay
    Free Member

Aiston make excellent racks

AD

Have a look at Thule RideOn 9503’s – tow bar mounted. I use the two bike version (9502)- it’s relatively inexpensive, robust, comes with a lighting board and the bike sits on the rack rather than hangs off it so no hassle with odd frame shapes(my Tomac is a pain to ‘hang’ off a rack).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steveh

What deejay said, the best around. a little agricutural but I’ve had pendle and thule and now only use the aiston. The website is pretty basic but call the guy up, he’s very helpful.

HB47

Thanks , I’ll give him a call on monday – looks simple and soild

steveh

Yup it really is, the wheel support racks are very good indeed as long as you have a normal tow bar not a removable one.

br
    Free Member

Tow bar.

I’ve the cheaper Thule, my buddy has the dearer one. Both will take 3 proper bikes (often its easier if you remove the seat posts).

Grimy
    Free Member

Hard to tell if those Aiston racks will work with a swan neck removable type towball. The pictures are unclear and look like you neet to pick up of the ball flange of a fixed type.

I have a Thule G5 that takes 3 bikes. Its a nice towball carrier that clamps to the ball itself so compatable with most tow hitches. The other week I had my Marin MV, a Meta 6 and an on-one ti on there. The funky frame designes are not a problem, but honestly they were a tight fit next to each other. A few small pieces of pipe insulation were needed to protect them from rubbing against each other just incase.

The extra light board keeps you on the right side of the law too.

steveh

The aiston’s don’t work with swan neck type removable towbars. You have to buy your on light board to fit to it but that’s easy enough. Having had a thule before i was never happy with how much movement there was and how easily a bike could come off.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Best car rack for full susser’ is closed to new replies.