Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • best bottle cages for camlebak bottles
  • jonnyrockymountain

As title, for keeping the bottles in place and not bouncing out when going over rough terrain, whats peoples experience, but also don’t want to spend silly money on them?

zilog6128

I’ve always used Elite Custom Race on my MTBs and Elite Ciussi on the commuter, always been rock solid with Podium bottles. Also used Specialized Zee and Lezyne Flow side entry cages with no problems.

lunge

My default answer to any “how do I keep my bottle” questions is Elite Ciussi. You can add grip tape to the frame and bend it in a bit if you want to be even more secure. On the road, the Elite Custom cages are perfect but Ciussi is a better solution for when it gets bumpier.

al2000

Nothing fancy – Brand-X alloy bottle cage, holds my Podium bottle fine.

beej

I use planet X carbon ones, wait for the deals before buying. Very secure, only downside is the planet X logo.

spacehopper

Camelbak Podium bottle?

not noticed any difference to ‘normal’ bottles with any of my bikes..

bikes have always been fitted with normal cages like below..

theyve been a mixture of brands.. but last one i bought was a topeak shuttle..

havent ever had a bottle eject in 20 years riding.. If the bottle feels a bit loose when I first install it.. Ive always just bent the cage a bit so it grips the bottle a bit tighter..

aP
    Free Member

I’ve kind of gravitated towards King SS cages. Not overly expensive, long lasting and can be adjusted for grippage.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i lost two bottles one being a camelback at a 24 hour ace using the standard elite carbon jobbie.

superleggero
    Free Member

BBB sidecage for compact spaces in rear suspension frames:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/BBB-BBC-35-Water-Bottle-Holder/dp/B00BXIZ6LG
    I use one with a Camelbak podium and you can easily adjust the tightness by bending the cage. Very grippy for rough terrain.

TiRed

Arundel for carbon, Elite for budget. The cuissi is excellent.

kiwijohn

Bontrager hollow 6mm. Trek is still using Keith’s original design after all these years.
    Cheap, light and strong.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Mate suggested a giant side entry one, but I’m getting on fine with a couple of old elite ones, they don’t sit square but they seem to hold – other wise it might be I’m riding too slow…

DezB
    Free Member

Use 2 sizes of Camelbak bottle commuting and a Zefal Pulse cage. Added feature of being able to squash the sides in for smaller bottles if needed –
    http://www.zefal.com/en/bottle-cages-aluminium/61-pulse-aluminium.html

Never come close to falling out, despite some of the bumpy stuff I ride home on!
    Actually, my son’s mate borrowed one and we had to use a coke bottle wrapped in a poly bag on the ride – was amazed that the bottle was still there at the end! (off road)(+hardtail!).

antigee

i got some elite side entry ones from OnOne / P-x good news is they work and don’t have onone logo 8) – have used Lezyne side entry with no problems on gravel/roughish stuff – somewhere I have a topeak adjustable cage that I use for touring – has a clamp arrangement that means at a push will take a big plastic bottle from a service station

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Lazeyne Flow are cheap and very secure.

CraigW
    Free Member

Bontrager RL cage, plastic. Works fine for me. Doesn’t scratch the bottles as much as a metal cage. And nice and colourful.

Northwind

I really like Bontrager’s RL. I have a posher composite one of theirs but it’s only a handful of grams lighter, and works the same

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Speiclaized RibCage also very good. Easier to get in and out than the Lezyne, never had one drop a bottle.

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/accessories/rib-cage-ii/104933

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘best bottle cages for camlebak bottles’ is closed to new replies.