Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Best Bike Bell
  • Schmey
    Free Member

As title please . Need the best.

aa
    Free Member

salsa pepperman cuz it’s phunky as…..

nedrapier

King of Ding?

mcmoonter
    Free Member
    Northwind

Something old-school and ratchety… Modern “ting” bells are all rubbish. Proper cheerful rrrrrrrrrrring-rrrrrrring is what you need

nicko74

Surprised no-one has suggested “oi, you faaahkin caaahhhnt, getout the way!” as a substitute.

I was always a fan of the old-school hooters that you squeeze. You can get them in straight (bit tricky to fit to the bike) or bugle-shaped (better for the bars); think they’re available on ebay.

bencooper
    Free Member

Sogreni is what I have on my commuter.

psling
    Free Member

You can always have a listen 🙂

Schmey
    Free Member

Nice list of whats out there Thanks chaps

benslow
    Free Member

Something old-school and ratchety… Modern “ting” bells are all rubbish. Proper cheerful rrrrrrrrrrring-rrrrrrring is what you need

This ^^

Much better heard i find and it is more cheerful.

the modern ping types seem to annoy folk more … Its like you’re summoning them to move .,..

😆

jambon
    Free Member

Dunno what they’re called but I love the dutch rotating ones.

Used an Airzound when I lived in London.

dday

Knock knock?
    Who’s there?
    Isabelle.
    Isabelle who?
    Isabelle really necessary on a bicycle?

househusband

The ‘King of Ding’ is okay (I’ve got one) but the best bell, by most people that have heard it, is the Crane Suzu in brass – much louder. Saying that, the rotary bells are awesome too!

JoeG
    Free Member

For quick installation and removal, the Incredibell Onmibell can’t be beat. I put one on my bike when I ride rails-to-trails, generally leave it off otherwise.

TiRed

To preserve bar real estate, I have a BBB Bell Space with 10mm stack height. Discrete on my fixed road bike, anyway. Not the easiest to reacj, however.

fatalbert
    Free Member

Airhorn’s for bikes

Home

Merak
    IanW
    Free Member

Lion Bellworks, great product, actually made, yes made in England

charliedontsurf

There is a new king of ding coming. I can’t tell you much, other than its called the “Alexander graham” but the yanks can’t pronounce graham, it’s sounds like ” grarm”

charliedontsurf

If you want to survive or have anti social tendencies these are damned loud at 140 db

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/hornit-db140-the-worlds-loudest-cycle-horn-2722-p.asp

[video]http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=kHy86DCDmHE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DkHy86DCDmHE[/video]

It’s not a bell is it… Oh well.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Best Bike Bell’ is closed to new replies.