Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bespoked Bristol this weekend – anyone been?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

Wondered if anyone went today? Would be interested in a review of whats there / how big the show is. Crowded?

Worth a look if I can get there on Sunday?

Thanks

Olly
    Free Member

i’m going tommorow 🙂

would have gone today, but one of my sidekicks could only make tommorow.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

I’m going tomorrow too

Leku
    Free Member

went this morning at 10- good number of companies (30 ish). Busy but not rammed.

a lot of road bikes and retro tourers not many mountain bikes.

I enjoyed it.

stevemakin

article on the front page now, more on Monday 🙂

oxym0r0n

I really enjoyed it – talking to builders face-to-face and getting lots of ideas for a possible future custom frame…

As already said – quite busy but not overly crowded, given that I was pusing around a double buggy!

Depends what you’re looking for really – a good mix of city/road/fixed/mtb – a bit ‘lifestyle’ but some beautiful craftsmanship and some thoughtful/innovative ideas.

andyl
    Free Member

Was there from 2 till after 6 today.

Really nice show, quite small but the better for it and some lovely bikes.

The builders/importers were all really nice to speak to and had quite a few interesting chats.

Can’t decide on my favourite but some highlights were the copper plated Demon steel frame, some lovely carbon mtb and road wheels, stupidly light Guro road bike (12lbs), very light Burls Ti with all KCNC kit – loved the brake lever concept (flip them to either side), steel full susser and seat post from 18bikes and the attention to detail on the Enigma Ti bikes is sublime – they really show you can make a Ti bike look like any other metal without the need to be a bit industrial at drop outs and bosses.

Oh and you have to have a go at the frame joint competition.

BigTed
    Free Member
    Moses

I went Saturday & enjoyed it much more than I’d expected; there were some beautiful bikes and fascinating people. It’s amazing how the focus of the industry is moving back towards road usage after the 1980-2005 shift towards MTB. I guess in the UK that reflects the renewed interest / fashionability of bikes for normal people.

flashes
    Free Member

Small but perfectly formed, but that’s enough about me……..the show was very good.

TooTall
    Free Member

Had a lovely couple of hours there this morning. It looked like it was getting really busy as I left. I think Eighteen Bikes could well be on to something with their potential custom steel FS bike. Nice people with a nice idea I hope other people ‘get’ as well.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

It was good to talk to the frame builders about there designs and ideas. 18 bikes look good and interesting with the steel FS and the customisation of what you need from it in geometry ways. Some other strange and interesting frame and bike concepts as well. Overall a good couple of hours, followed by nice eats from the tube diner

the tube diner

pedalhead
    Free Member

I went this morning & thought it was a great little show. Some really enthusiastic frame builders there. I was particularly impressed with Tom from Demon Frameworks…so much so that we’re discussing a custom frame 🙂

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I would have liked to of gone but a bit to far. Be nice if they did something similar a bit more central.

flashes
    Free Member

Bristol is actually the centre of the Universe

Special_ized_Jamie

Went down there yesterday and really enjoyed it. Would have liked to see more mountain bikes but mountain bikes don’t represent the majority of customs anyway.

Hopefully it runs for a a while and starts to attract some names from further afield. I know its a UK thing but would have been nice to see some of the US builders

cheers_drive

The Enigma stainless steel road bike and their 29er have just made there way to the top of my want list! Both were stunning 😯

woody74

Great show well done guys for organising, really enjoyed it and great to see such craftsmanship.

andyl
    Free Member

Ditto to the Enigma. Lovely bikes, was very taken with the steel 29er. Had a good chat with the guy too about how they make the Ti frames. Definitely on my list of who I would go to. So much better built than a lot of other Ti frames. Their Ti frames have the same intricate detailing of steel and aluminium frames.

The copper finish of the Demon frame was gorgeous too. Didn’t get a chance to speak to the builder though.

EDIT: thought the location was pretty good. Loads of free parking and quite a secure feeling – better than in the middle of bristol. Really easy to get to via public transport or bike too. Been wanting to take a look there as wanting some office/lab space.

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Went Saturday. Never seen so much bike pr0n in one place 🙂

Some stunning, stunning bikes. And so nice to chat to such passionate, enthusiastic people.

Great venue and a great event. I thought it all had a nice ‘home made’ feel about it. Right down to the cakes in the ‘café’ at the back.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I saw somewhere that they are renting the same space for next years exhibition.

Did not manage to get to this years in the end, so roll on next year!

rewski
    Free Member

Ditto to the Enigma

I went along to Enigma’s open day a few weeks ago, test rode the ego st and ti, amazing bikes, great to meet the frame builder and watch him at work too, would definitely recommend them, I’m saving up for a future purchase.

Loved the grafitTi frame.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bespoked Bristol this weekend – anyone been?’ is closed to new replies.