Viewing 14 posts - 161 through 174 (of 174 total)
  • Being put off by XX1
  • AlexSimon

Can you guys mixing and matching post a full list of bits please? I’ve lost track!

njee20
    Free Member

I’m using:

– XX1 chainset/chain/cassette
    – XTR M9000 shifter and GS rear mech

Works very well. Will change to an Absolute Black spiderless chain ring in the spring.

AlexSimon

Great – keep us informed of 10t and 42t performance.

njee20
    Free Member

It’s fitted to a hardtail, so no reason to think it will work any different IRL to on the stand! But yes, will update.

Saved a tiny bit of weight too – XX1 rear mech was 244g, XTR was 222g. XX1 Grip Shift was 89g, XTR was 104g, grips were exactly the same as I went from Chunky to Racer’s Edge ESIs. So a whopping 7g saved. Will fit alu clamp bolt into the shifter at some point for pimpyness, probably take me to a monstrous 10g saved.

mashiehood
    Free Member

every little helps njee – im nursing a hefty 110gram gain in the rear cassette, changing from an XX 11-36 to an XTR 11-40!

njee20
    Free Member

Should’ve gone for the XX1 cassette then, cheap weight saving despite the extra expense 😉

RickDraper
    Free Member

I have one lot fitted on a 2015 Nomad and I am fitting another lot on a Solo.

I using the following parts:

XX1 Chain and Cassette,
    Raceface Sixc cinch crank and narrow wide ring,
    XTR M9000 Shifter and Rear Mech.

Working spot on with no issues at all and I have a fair few miles on it now.

robj20
    Free Member

I’m using

XX1 Cassette, Chain, Cranks (30t), mech.
    X01 Shifter

I find it absolutely faultless. Only think i fancy changing is to a spiderless chain ring and to drop to a 28t to avoid using the 42t so much.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

The thing is if this works so well why would anyone buy the shimano 11-40 cassette (or front mech) ?

I’d have tought shimano would have managed to work in some sort of incapability myself.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Am I right when I say you can use the Shimano 11 speed cassette without changing your hub driver body because the cassette is the same length as a 10 speed?

Anywhere selling a 1×11 XTR groupset with brakes?

mashiehood
    Free Member

Curiousyellow

Correct, you can use an 11 speed cassette with a 10 speed hub.
    I have a brand new 11 speed cassette and shifter for sale if interested.

Duplicate gift!

njee20
    Free Member

The thing is if this works so well why would anyone buy the shimano 11-40 cassette (or front mech) ?

Cheaper, particularly if you already have a hub, think this is particularly prevelant with people assuming that by the time they replace they’ll have the option of XT cassettes at £60 or so. Daft otherwise though IMO, the range on the SRAM one really is significantly better.

mactheknife

Guys, just looking online at the Shimano 1 x 11. What cage length rear mech are you running and have you kept the same chain length as with the SRAM set up.

Ta

njee20
    Free Member

GS mech, I have kept chain the same as with SRAM, but I could shorten it by at least one link, possibly two, didn’t want do so until I was happy it was going to work!

It’s not doubled up on itself in the 10, so I wasn’t hugely worried.

Viewing 14 posts - 161 through 174 (of 174 total)

The topic ‘Being put off by XX1’ is closed to new replies.