Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Beckham and his speeding ticket…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

…ridiculous

David Beckham will not face speeding prosecution http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-45668735

Any of us us peasants would have the book thrown at us !

Views please

Drac

Views please

The law was followed incorrectly so they can’t prosecute him.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

If we received a NIP outside the 14day period, presumably we could be treated the same?

cb

I did wonder why spend the time and money fighting it when in his position but I’d do the same (in my position rather than his!).  Relatively simple process to overturn it – although not many of us get loaned Bentleys!  If it had been a standard hire car and a pleb, I doubt the hire car company would offer mcuh in the way of assistance in terms of dates received!

scotroutes

The defendant in this case cannot be convicted

MartynS

If we received a NIP outside the 14day period, presumably we could be treated the same?

yep. There’s a letter on the RAC website you can use.

weeksy

Nothing wrong with that, a well known and often used defence for speeding tickets. If it’s outside of the 14 days, it doesn’t count.

Drac

If you can prove that was the case then yes.

Often see people on here recommending it to get away with a fine.

MSP

It has been known for years, what is a surprise is that the law hasn’t been changed to allow a longer period for notification (if any time limit is required at all, which I don’t see the logic of).

P-Jay
    Free Member

Any of us us peasants would have the book thrown at us !

Yep, although he didn’t dodge it because he’s David Beckham, he dodged it because he was willing to pay a large pile of money to avoid a relatively small amount of money.

The NIP thing seems a scam to me, they’re not send recorded delivery or anything AFAIK, you’ve just got to have to balls to claim you didn’t get it.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Though shalt not bad mouth the Beckham!!!

paton
    Free Member
    jonnyboi

The establishment will get him in the long grass

revs1972
    Free Member

How do you prove that a letter arrive late though ?

Drac

That’s the tricky part. His letter went through a company who I guess may have date stamped it on arrival.

Why not?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Because I said so! And as national treasures go he’s top drawer!!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Letter opening bod: “What’s this then….. A speeding notice? Better show this to the boss before I do anything with it.”

Boss: “hmm, loan car….. Hold onto it for a couple of days before stamping it, just in case….”

the-muffin-man

Because I said so! And as national treasures go he’s top drawer!!

…top corner surely! 🙂

taxi25
    Free Member

You don’t as such, it’s up to the police to show that it was posted to you so in the normal course of events you’d get it within 14days. There’s a date on the NIP, if its say 12 or 13 days after the the offence, you can reasonably claim you didn’t get it in time.

It’s not up to the police to prove that the NIP reached the registered keeper within 14 daysIt is up to the police to be able to prove that in the normal course of events, the NIP would have arrived at the last known address of the registered keeper within the 14 day time limit

mooman
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>wrightyson
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

</div>

Is he still held in high regard after the leaked emails?

Didnt they show what most people already assumed anyways – that the charidy work is just a ploy and money spinner for the celebs.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Beckham and his speeding ticket…’ is closed to new replies.