Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • BBC Website: FAIL
  • tragically1969
    Free Member

Is it just me, or is this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

The worst looking front page to a huge corporation you have ever seen ?

IanMunro
    Free Member

All those nekid ladies are working for me. What are you seeing?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think it might be you. Is it any worst than this ? ……

http://www.sky.com/

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I'm seeing a lot of Bruce :s

But generally, i think it's just you tragically. It's quite a good site technically – the drag and drop, customisation etc.

I like it

scaredypants

Unfair ernie, at least sky's offering this: 😆

jackthedog
    Free Member

Actually you're right, it's a horrendous mess of a frontpage.

I have a friend who works for BBC online, I'll email her and tell her she's useless.

cp

actually I really like the beeb front end. simple & clear, grouped headings, customisable, probably works very well from an 'accessability' point of view etc…

I imagine a lot more thought has gone into it than most huge corporations

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

sony is the worst

their web presence is like wading through a marshy labrynth whilst blindfolded

tragically1969
    Free Member

The Sky one looks fine

The BBC one there is stuff everywhere, its just a mis match of different sections, i cant believe its just me !

I have a friend who works for BBC online, I'll email her and tell her she's useless.

if you could thanks, that would be great 😆

jon1973
    Free Member

It's just full of ugly people. You can't blame the BBC for that.

Gary_M
    Free Member

It is messy but you just get rid of the stuff you don't want to see.

chvck
    Free Member

The BBC one is waaaaay too busy, as in way too much hitting you in the face at once.

hels
    Free Member

I like the bbc website – it might not please the design aesthetes but has good search and sensible navigation, and the content is generally (but not always) authoritative.

brooess
    Free Member

As mentioned above. It's customisable. So if it's a mess, it's your own fault 😉

tragically1969
    Free Member

I very rarely even go anywhere near the site so have not set anything up ever.

It was just my first impression when looking at it today, be interesting to see how many people go straight away from the homepage, when you first hit it it looks terrrible.

Will have a go at customising it, if i can be bothered !!

STATO
    Free Member

tbh id rather have that mess than have to trawl through 4 or 5 pages to get to the section i want. Large companies like the BBC with many sections often make their web pages to difficult to use if you dont know how to get to what your looking for. Front page > second page > menu page 3 > scroll down to bottom > side bar 2 etc…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I think it is a fantastic site and a great homepage – fully customisable (as said above) so you can get all the information you do want and none of the information you don't.

I would say it is one of the most successful homepages there is around at the moment and heads and shoulders above any other news site.

Will have a go at customising it, if i can be bothered !!

Try it – and try the drag and drop pods too – it is superb.

kelvin

The previous version of the BBC site was amazingly easy to use, the new one has never impressed me, it's like learning a whole extra unnecessary OS/GUI.

AndyP
    Free Member
    mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My BBC… (Cycling just peeping in at the bottom 😉 )

coffeeking
    Free Member

Seems fine to me, but said – its customisable so if it's a mess it's your own fault. That wont stop non-techy people being put off by it initially, though the least web-happy person I know uses it all the time and only moans about the poor search engine in the food section.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

only moans about the poor search engine in the food section.

Agreed – it really is shocking. The recipes are mostly good when you find them though 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘BBC Website: FAIL’ is closed to new replies.