Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Bands you wish you'd seen in concert?
  • aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

Led Zep and Husker Du

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i'd have to agree with barry bethel here; nirvana were pretty dire live. saw them at newcastle mayfair, which wasn't tiny but was a reasonably small venue, and they played for 15 minutes, then spent 20 minutes trashing all their equipment. bunch of ****.

there's a few bands i'd have liked to have seen, but it's no big deal because there's plenty others around…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Saw Floyd at Earls Court in 94, don't think anything can beat that performance (even though Dave Gilmour can't sing live for toffee)
    Would liked to have seen Led Zep & Cream. Oh & any big band with Buddy Rich on drums

nickc

Saw Pink Floyd at the Live Aid thing in Hyde Park a few years ago. And whilst at the time your brain's going; "OMG OMG OMG that's Floyd" and they're never going to do this again…The music left me cold, It was good, but too…like a record, too polished? dunno, It just wasn't a great live performance.

Purplefunkymonkey
    Free Member

Stone Roses , I have an unused ticket for Glasgow Green in June 1990 , a friend of my missus orginised a short notice wedding before emigrating to Orkney , so I couldn't go to the gig. 👿

anyhoo , wish I had seen Talking Heads.

da funk

mattsccm
    Free Member

The Ramones were great.Saw them in Bristol, my pint was bouncing around on the balcony railing.
    Would like to see the Rezillos but I reckon they are a bit older than in their heyday

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Cant beleive nobody's mentioned the Macc Lads!
    Seriously for me it's Led Zep and Motorhead.
    Seen AC/DC x5, Thin Lizzy x3, ZZ Top, Iron maiden (Paul Di'anno), U2 in 1982, Kiss, Kasabian, prince x2, The cramps, the smiths x2, def leppard, bon jovi, hawkwind, the police, jethro tull, pink floyd, The firm, meteors, rainbow, Ian Gillan, The cult, Siouxsie and the banshees, Human league, Whitesnake, Meatloaf, Dio plus a few more I'm sure! Cant beleive how expensive live music is these days!!!

jj55

The Beatles when they played a local pub in Tenbury Wells!
    Mott the Hoople when they played in the ballroom of a local hotel
    Queen, when they played Worcester and the many top acts that used to come to the Winter Gardens in Malvern!

col
    Free Member

Saw the Macc Lads in Widnes many years ago, we were all stage diving until i found a small gap in the crowd. Concussion and temporary deafness for the next few days were to follow. Back to the point – Elvis and The Cramps for me.

nickc

Cant beleive how expensive live music is these days!!!

Really? I saw three bands at the o2 in Oxford a couple of months ago for £9.00

CountZero

Couple more: The Smiths, when they played Golddiggers in Chippenham, my home town, Roxy Music, when they played Chippenham Town Hall just when Virginia Plain was released, King Crimson, Sandy Denny. Oh, of course, the Sensational Alex Harvey Band!

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

talking heads

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Bands you wish you'd seen in concert?’ is closed to new replies.