Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Bands you wish you'd seen in concert?
  • psychle
    Free Member

Pink Floyd & Guns N Roses for me… oh, and ACDC (when they were at the peak of their powers!)

racing_ralph
    Free Member

bon jovi, oasis, def leppard, girls aloud, and pussy cat dolls 🙂

kerv
    Free Member

sex pistols
    stone roses

ton

mrs ton say's queen
    for me, the who, the small faces or the kinks all in their prime.

psychle
    Free Member

oh… Queen, they would've rocked!

LeeW

Queen, The Who – with Moon. That's about it really – Aliens has just started on film4

Philby

Sex Pistols
    The Jam
    Rolling Stones
    Manic Street Preachers

kerv
    Free Member

and mrs kerv has never forgiven me for buying saturday night Reading tickets to see Yeah Yeah Yeahs (who didn't show) and Raconteurs (who were sh*te) and missing Pearl Jam on Sunday!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

The Smiths

ton

Phillby, seen all yours mate.
    saw ian brown t'other night too….very good……..for a manc. 😉

the pistols were missing a couple of key members obviously….

monsta
    Free Member

Hendrix, Faith No More, RATGM.

saladdodger
    Free Member

Pink Floyd

mind I have seen the Aussie Pink Floyd and they were fanfriggintastic

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

oh, and led zeppelin

john_drummer
    Free Member

The Clash – could've should've didn't
    Siouxsie & The Banshees – ditto
    can't think of anybody else

ton – which key members were the Pistols missing? Sid was hardly "key", he couldn't play a note. I saw their filmed gig from 2007 on the telly the other week – Cook, Jones, Matlock & Lydon were all there.

Kuco

psychle saw Pink Floyd at Earls Court, Brilliant and GnR at MK Bowl back in 93 they were good as well. Wished I never turned down that Queen ticket though 🙁 and would love to see Faith no More again.

Crag
    Free Member

Stone Roses before they got shit.
    The Doors (bit young for them though 😉 )

psychle
    Free Member

psychle saw Pink Floyd at Earls Court, Brilliant and GnR at MK Bowl back in 93

bastwerd 🙂 I was only 16 at the time and when they came to Oz I couldn't afford a ticket 🙁

Kuco

What's really annoying is knowing that your never going to get the chance to watch them perform again 🙁

llamafarmer
    Free Member

Led Zep! – I got to see Paige and Jones guest with the Foo Fighters at Wembley last year, but it's not quite the same 😆

CountZero

Genesis with Gabriel, Queen when Queen II came out, The Who.
    Seen Floyd ( DSOM tour), Zeppelin, FNM, Souxie and the Banshees, The Clash, The Jam, Ian Dury, Thin Lizzy, Soundgarden, ZZ Top, Steely Dan, Hole, QOTSA, ELP, Television, Blondie, Björk, Killing Joke, and many, many others over the last thirty-odd years.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Pink Floyd for me every time. I would pays lots to see them. Fortunate to have seen Queen, AC/DC (back then and recently) amongst others. Queen were my lifelong highlight though – just after Live Aid at Maine Road. Amazing.

cinnamon_girl

Sorry guys but I saw Pink Floyd present 'Dark Side of the Moon' at Wembley in 1972. I didn't actually like Pink Floyd though (boyfriend did).

For me, it has to be Hendrix, Cream, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Free, Neil Young.

Curly68
    Free Member

The Ramones for me. Still haven't got to see Metallica yet though.

rj
    Free Member

Nirvana at the QM or Bowie

sockpuppet

+1 nirvana

sc-xc

Nirvana were shit. I iwsh I had seen Culture Shock 🙁

NonStopNun
    Free Member

The Faces

The Undertones

cinnamon_girl

Little PSA for Joe Bonamassa fans – FREE download available of "Merry Christmas Baby" from his website 8)

CriticalThinker
    Free Member

The Clash
    Joy Division

spacemonkey

Peppers
    Led Zep
    Floyd
    Guns n Roses

Probably loads more but that's all I can think of for now.

plumber
    Free Member

I've seen everyone bar John Waite – who I will be seeing early next year.

After that I'm giving up going to gigs as everyone I like is getting older and shitter

Plum

lister-hooded
    Free Member

Led Zep are the 1 band I wish I had seen but never did.

There are a few others I wouldn't have minded seeing if I had chance:-

Beatles… but I doubt you ever heard a thing live….
    Guns & Roses,
    Cream
    Barclay James Harvest….

QUEEN DID ROCK !!!!!
    was lucky enough to see them 5 times at differant stages of career and all were absolutely FANTASTIC
    From indoor arena at New Bingley Hall Stafford though Football grounds to
    KNEBWORTH PARK ….AWESOME

tea
    Free Member

U2 in their very early days. In late 1981, while on tour for their second album, they played a local sports centre just 4 miles down the road from me. Local paper's arts reporter covered the gig by that little-known Irish band and wrote: "Everyone went home with the sound of U2 ringing in their ears, a sound that is sure to earn them fame and fortune." I don't think anyone at the time anticipated just how much fame & fortune!! I finally got to see U2 6 years later, at Wembley …

Nearly 10 years ago I had a ticket to see Coldplay at a local student uni (on the NME tour?) before *they* made the big time … but on the night I was in a blue funk and left my ticket at home. 🙁

Mikkel
    Free Member

Queen and Dire Straits

sideshowdave
    Free Member

already covered but
    led zep
    the jam
    the clash

andrewh
    Free Member

Was invited to see someone I'd never heard of many years ago at a gig in Oxford. Didn't go as I had a race the next day. My friend went with someone else instead. Said the band were very good, and as there were only 12 people in the audience took them all down the pub afterwards.

It was The Strokes.

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Agree with ton.. The Small Faces(saw the Faces a few times)but Steve Marriott was a different class to "Rod the Mod", as good as he was with the Faces..
    and Thin Lizzie..

bobsoff2
    Free Member

Saw Queen before they made it big.. shite or what !
    Oasis and U2 recently, wish i'd seen The Gallaghers ages ago, they were hoofing !

nicemonkey
    Free Member

Come on people…obviously The Doors!

mudshark
    Free Member

Well I'm only interested in seeing bands in smallish venues – saw FnM and the Chilis at Unis.

AC/DC with Bon, Frank Zappa and MOI – ideally in the early 70s but I was a bit little then…oh and Beefheart of course.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Bands you wish you'd seen in concert?’ is closed to new replies.