Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)
  • "Baby on Board" window signs
  • fubar
    Free Member

Why ?…
    dare you 'No' to a wife who has just spent 12 hours in labour!

molgrips
    Free Member

It's a case of 'LOOK! I LIKE CATS!' or whatever it is. For some reason, people want others to know this stuff.

To be fair, it's nothing like as banal as personalised number plates. Honestly… wtf?

Tinners

Personalised number plates are a mystery. They seem to appeal to the same people who have their initials embroidered on things or those who seem to feel that it's important to disguise the age of their car (I once overheard somebody saying how he'd bought an old Merc and then "Stick a personalised number plate on it and nobody knows how old it is" – Why would you want to do that?). Seems like a total waste of money to me, but each to their own. Do as you please, I say, although I don't understand it.

LycraLout
    Free Member

Don't knock personalised plates – ideal for people to stupid to be able to recognise their own car, therefore a good sign to cyclists to stay away from them

boxelder

Is it so different to "One fooking gear" or "More ears than gears" etc ad infinitum?

Goz
    Free Member

Seen today….grandparents onboard..

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have one in the back of my old van "Bike On Board", it was on a magazine sticker sheet years ago. Does everyone hate me now?

Harry_the_Spider

IIRC a long while ago there were a few dead babies found under seats and in footwells in the days when cars used to fold up in accidents and child seats weren't as advanced as they are now.

MrNutt
    Free Member

well then why don't they have signs saying "baby possibly under seats"?

Harry_the_Spider

lol… you sick ####.

sweepy
    Free Member

I used to have one that said 'Baby in boot'. I made it myself 🙂

Sonor
    Free Member

'Babe on Board' leads to disappointment practically every time.

Unless they're referring to the pig of course.

Very good.

My only problem with the "baby on board sign" is that the car owners usually stick attach it the wrong windscreen.

Kahurangi

I want one that says

"THIS IS A SIGN"

or

"CAREFUL NOW"

or

"DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING"

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I'd like one that says
    "Uninsured idiot with long record criminal violence on board"

Unfortunately that's the assumed default setting round my way. 🙁

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If I was Shami Chakrabati I'd have one that said 'Shami Chakrabati on board', and if anyone gave me grief, I'd get out of the motor with a lump of twobefour in me hand, go up to them and say 'D''you know who I am? I'm Shami ***king Chakrabti CBE you ***king ****. D'you ***king want some? Do you? D'you think you can take ***king Liberties with me? Have you met my Uncle Stanley? I'll sell your ***king liver to the Turks before you can say 'Human Rights' you two-bob bastard!'

Then I'd go to a friend's in Muswell Hill for dinner.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Have you been taking your tablets elfinsafety?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What makes you say that? 😯

If you only knew the trouble I've been through to get me Valium. I tell you, Shami would have to have a word.

'Sorry Mr Safety but because too much Valium was given out to middle-aged women in the 70's and 80's, we can't give you any. You'll just haff to suffer the nightly torment and demons trying to destroy your soul'.

Well thanks very much indeed. Don't blame me if I inadvertently graffiti a Tube train.

Drac

the emergency services aren't allowed to leave the site until the baby has been found or accounted for in the event of a crash. (from the mrs ambulance driving father)

What a big pile of steaming shite.

Like Bruneep has said we account for all in the car, window stickers make no difference. And never ever use the term Ambulance Driver.

will
    Free Member

1961Bikie – Member

Though not as baffling as the (small) 4X4 drivers who have a photo of their dogs on the spare wheel cover on the back.

C'est la vie!

Unfortunatly I actually passed a car the other day with a picture of their baby/child on the spare wheel cover!

tron
    Free Member

They're placed as warnings to other drivers, much the same as the Jesus Fish, a hat / box of tissues on the parcel shelf or the inscriptions "Audi A2" or "ARC Courtesy Car".

It basically means there's a fair chance the driver is going to be barely capable of making the vehicle move, let alone controlling it whilst observing the outside world.

nickc

Look at Shami in that photo, she's had a nice trip to the Palace, nice medallion, excuse for a pair of new shoes, you would have thought she could crack a smile… 🙄

failedengineer

I knew a chap who was a keen gardner and he had a sticker on his car trhat read, 'Caution, show carrots in transit' … and it wasn't even a transit, it was a Vectra.

richmtb

I once saw "I'm a yummy mummy" on a rear window in the car park at Carron Valley.

Luckily no one from trading standards was nearby

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Look at Shami in that photo, she's had a nice trip to the Palace, nice medallion, excuse for a pair of new shoes, you would have thought she could crack a smile…

Good point. She seldom smiles. Mind you, I suppose it's having to deal with other motorists and Human Rights that leaves her a bit miffed most of the time.

CBE? If you consider the work Liberty does, and Kelly Holmes gets a knighthood for having big eyes. 😯

Olly
    Free Member

wanty

derek_starship
    Free Member

There's a chump at our place of work who has a sign saying:

Golden retriever on board

I looked into his motor yesterday and I couldn't see one. Unless it was a really small one.

This chump drives a Rover 75 ZT….estate..nuff said.

mtb_rossi
    Free Member

I feel this is the same as Caution Horses!

Why should we use caution? And why the **** are you driving slower than if you were riding the horse?

thomthumb
    Free Member

from the snopes link the company that made the signs was bought in '93 by dorel.

the same dorel that owns cannondale, GT, schwinn et al!!

Karinofnine

If you are so worried about your kid that you feel the need to have a sign up:

Stop f**ing tailgating me and keep your distance so that when you finally stop looking at the back seat and realise I have stopped, you do not impale yourself on my towball.

binners

There's a house round the corner from me has a huge poster in the window saying

"SAY NO TO POINTLESS SIGNS"

Netdonkey

I saw a "Keep your distance I have got nine points!" sticker a few weekends ago. I thought fair point and gave him some space.

TiRed

I had a "Child on Board" sticker on the Rhode Gear Taxi. I had to add "-ren" when it moved to the Kiddyback tandem. Cars always gave me loads of space. Can't think of a need in a car. If the baby is in a seat, they aren't coming out.

I'd like a sticker with number of accumulated points 😆

JCL
    Free Member

I've got a 'Baby on Board' one but I added 'Dead' at the top.

JulianA
    Free Member

If I had Shami Chakrabati on board my car I'd be very pleased 'cos I think she's cute (and very brave and does a great job, I should add!).
    Not sure MrsJulianA would be pleased at me having the lovely Ms Chakrabati on board, though.

Olly
    Free Member

you know those CRAP "one life, live it" stickers you get on suzuki jimnys and defenders alike.

Can i have a

"nine lives, F*ck it" sticker?

Tinners

So, lets take a second to reflect on this. What have we got so far?
    1. You put up one of these stickers if the girl down the road gives you one (so to speak) or the wife says you have to after enduring a 9 hour labour – fair shout, I say. If Mrs T told me I had to put a sign in the window saying "Mr T is a cross eyed, balding, c***weasel with a matchstick for a nadge" I'd have to oblige (I am none of these things, btw….well maybe one or two)
    2. "Ambulance drivers" (quote) will hunt endlessly until they find a baby if you've got a sign, but the emergency services will want to account for everyone regardless of sticker status.
    3. There are variations available to cover bulldogs, show carrots, grandparents, little people, w**kers, little princesses, show cats and cars running on fairy dust.
    4. We haven't yet established whether you'll have a reckless, joyriding tailgater up the 'arris if you're displaying one of these signs, but there's a possibility that you won't.
    Mmmmm. There has to be a better reason, surely? Lots of love and good vibes to you if you have one of these signs. I'm not taking it seriously or taking a dislike to it, honestly (on the contrary it makes me smile, in a good way), but why d'ya do it?

CountZero

I've got a sticker on my back window that says 'singletrackworld.com'…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And your car hasn't been burnt out yet? 😯

garage-dweller

The reason ours are there is from when our little one was in a rear facing seat, which was dark in colour in a dark car with black hole style interior (cheer up Audi and add some colour or even some middling grey, no wonder our little one prefers the Mondeo).

The seat was almost entirely below the window line and therefore wouldn't necessarily be the first thing a paramedic/police officer would spot (especially at night or in bad light) at an accident although I have no thought that they would miss it altogether.

Like (I hope) most parents I care more that the emergency services get to my child ahead of looking after me and sometimes those seconds count. I drive enough (20k+ a year) to know how quickly and seriously things can go wrong and that no f****r will drive more carefully so I do what little I can to make up for it.

It may make me look a **** but so does Lycra and I don't care about that either.

BigJohn

I was about a mile away from Sandringham and I saw a 20 year old Austin Montego with a "Little Princess on Board" sign.

I know there have been public service cutbacks but I thought this was shocking security.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘"Baby on Board" window signs’ is closed to new replies.