Home Forums Chat Forum Avoiding the feared fee's!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 158 total)
  • Avoiding the feared fee's!
  • lewismorgan
    Free Member

Oh Dear Oh Dear,

ever wondered how your government can afford all these freebies that you get?

grantway
    Free Member

Have you tried apply in Wales I believe they get zero fees.

grantway
    Free Member

amt27
    Free Member

1. we might not be in Europe next Sept/Oct, so the EU Law you mention might no longer apply

2. student debt is unlikely ever to be paid back by the masses, my gf and I both have degrees, graduated several years ago and have jobs well under the average salary, the interest on our loans per year is more than what little we pay off,
    the loans are more likely to be written off before they are ever paid off,

rob-jackson
    Free Member

the english add value to scotland, thats why geoff

geoffj

:lol:

lewismorgan
    Free Member

Hahaha I’d love to see the Scottish cope independantly, they’d be bankrupt in months and begging for money

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Where is he? :?

geoffj

Seriously Lewis

Hahaha I’d love to see the Scottish cope independantly, they’d be bankrupt in months and begging for money

with that attitude, you’d be better not moving to Scotland.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

with that attitude, you’d be better not moving to Scotland.

Indeed. Many people in Scotland, thanks to the well funded education they have, can spell the word “independent”.

;-)

turin
    Free Member

Just like the EU then?

The following is from the SAAS website regarding residence eligibility. It would appear that the 3 month suggestion is out.

Ordinarily resident has been defined in the courts as ‘habitual and normal residence in one place’. It basically means that you, your parents or your husband, wife or civil partner live in a country year after year by choice throughout a set period, apart from temporary or occasional absences such as holidays or business trips. Living in a place totally or mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education does not count as being ordinarily resident.

Brycey
    Free Member

If this thread was better placed (while everyone was on company time), it’d be a classic. It’s got it all; young whippersnapper with a bit of lip, the Scotch versus the English (with token Welsh folk trying to talk their place up), punctuation pedantry, massive potential for a political left v right tangent, and an Edinburgh theme holding it all together. Brilliant stuff.

Project – it’s “uni’s” not “uni,s” :D

lewismorgan
    Free Member

Considering I’ve had offers from Edinburgh university, I don’t think it’s down to you to doubt my ability really is it?

And I’ve nothing against the Scottish, but when they think they can fund there own education and free prescriptions and all there nice new roads, I’m awaiting the day they realise there leaching off the English

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brycey, needs an aeroplane on a treadmill, some tubeless sealant and perhaps a gay, muslim fundamentalist swan to really cap it all!

Brycey
    Free Member

Agreed CF.

What would top it off would be if Lewis was looking for an “economical biking estate car for about £20k”.

Lewis – it’s “they’re”, they,ll not stand for that in Edinburgh!

lewismorgan
    Free Member

Muslim swan? let’s enough of these comments straight away, there not on.

turin
    Free Member

or what tyres for the university of edinburgh….. :D

lewismorgan
    Free Member

slicks? always good weather up there ;)

Militant_biker

As someone who has graded undergraduate and postgraduate essays at Edinburgh University, my wife says confusing ‘their’, ‘they’re’ and ‘there’ does not go down too well.

I’ve met some of the students who have been accepted by Edinburgh University. I doubt their abilities :-D

lewismorgan
    Free Member

brycey it’s “They’ll”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I think you mean,

What tyres for the correct use of the apostrophe while a passenger in an economical economical biking estate car worth about £20k which is in the cargo hold of an aeroplane on a treadmill, alongside a cage containing a rather angry antelope. Of course, said aeroplane is in the hands of a gay, muslim fundamentalist swan with a penchant for the sexy, sexy nature of cephalopods.

Northwind

I struggle with long sentences, but, this doesn’t work- it doesn’t matter when Italy consider you resident, SAAS require 3 years. Sorry.

It’s a bloody ridiculous situation tbh. What annoys me is that even though there’s “no fees for scottish students”, that doesn’t stop the scottish government from putting the squeeze on funding- which means less places. Now that doesn’t sound too bad, except that when the number of places got reduced, the policy was announced after the year’s admissions were set, so we ended up with a load of unfunded students that we had to pay for ourselves! Just bonkers.

On the other hand, check with the University as they have a load of extra bursaries available- most RUK students won’t pay the full £36000 apparently. They’ve done badly at getting this across though, which we’re finding pretty hilarious… (we’re charging £9000, but you get 4 years for the price of 3 with most degrees)

turin
    Free Member

And I’ve nothing against the Scottish, but when they think they can fund there own education and free prescriptions and all there nice new roads, I’m awaiting the day they realise there leaching off the English

Im sure they’re/there/their are delighted to hear that :lol:

edit: too slow

lewismorgan
    Free Member

well it is a good job i’m not studying english then

Brycey
    Free Member

Eh, yes I know*. I was taking the pi55.

*That’s Paisley Uni for you!

turin
    Free Member

captainF, what about the antelope?? :P

carlosg
    Free Member

If you want to go to University to help yourself in getting a better job/quality of life then you suck it up and pay the fee’s IMO.

At the moment you get free education between 4-17 after this you pay.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

:wink:

lewismorgan
    Free Member

oh really,

You know what would make this all the better?

Yeah I discovered that Northwinds, they mentioned this on a lot of the open days, the whole thing seems barmy to me! But hey ho, completely agee with you!

lewismorgan
    Free Member

Captain FlashHeart, enough of the racism mate, it’s not impressive and it’s not clever, outright wrong

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

Again the threshold is £21,000. If I intended to leave uni with a salary less than this then really and truly, it would be a complete waste of time me going to uni.

good luck with that. there’s not many people coming out of uni earning that. i can think of one person i know who graduated last year with me from a better scottish uni (if you care about rankings) who earns that. he’s busting his balls in london working 12-15 hour days for goldman sachs. tough out there, mebbe it’ll be better once you’ve graduated…

turin
    Free Member

Northwind, The media were reporting that UoE were not doing a 3 for 4 deal. Now Im not saying that the media are entirely correct all of the time…

lewismorgan
    Free Member

I’m not sure of Edinburgh, I know Herriot Watt are

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Racism?

lewismorgan
    Free Member

a gay muslim swan? You really are a racist tosser

Brycey
    Free Member

Och this has lost it’s spark.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

This thread keeps on giving! :-)

turin
    Free Member

Im “pretty” sure that UoE are playing hardball on the 4 years fees, one of the few taking that stance north of the border. Presumably because of the number of students that attend are not from Scotland

IanMunro
    Free Member

Be careful Lewis, or CF might get out his muslamic ray gun.

Militant_biker

well it is a good job i’m not studying english then

Regardless, whatever subject you end up studying, they won’t like you using words completely incorrectly. Poor punctuality punctuation will annoy examiners.

On a lighter note, Edinburgh is an awesome place, with plenty of riding nearby. Lots of mountain bikers there, with an active club at the University.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 158 total)

The topic ‘Avoiding the feared fee's!’ is closed to new replies.