Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • assaulted by deliveroo rider
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah. just posting because i need to. manchester city centre just now, lad ran a red light on the pedestrian crossing i was using and rode/skidded into me, then proceeded to shout and yell threats after we made eye contact. i took my phone out of my pocket to take his mugshot and report him, upon which he swatted it out of my hand, smacked the side of my head then rode off. phone isn’t damaged, i’m not badly hurt. he had a scarf or balaclava covering the lower part of his face but, being the nerd i am, i saw what model bike he was on! i reported it to GMP and just waiting for Deliveroo to respond too now, but to be honest i don’t expect anything to come of it sadly.

people can be arseholes, can’t they?

verses

There seems to be a disproportionate number of idiot Deliveroo riders, although it’s probably the case that I’m more likely to notice the idiots.

I think it should be made law that if you find a Deliveroo rider riding illegally/idiotically you should be entitled to the contents of their bag.

jimdubleyou

manchester city centre

Likely to be CCTV?

You could be on Dave in a cops and robbers show next year…

Harry_the_Spider

Wow. You OK?

leffeboy

I would imagine if you have time and location of the incident they can identify them through the app?

garage-dweller

There are ********* in all walks of life.

Deliveroo is effectively multi drop on a bike and subject to all the same pressures plus the threat of being flattened by the other multi drop drivers.No excuse just a passing thought on what kind of attitude it might foster in some cases.

Good call on app traceability too.

stcolin
    Free Member

Jeez, that’s crazy fella. I’d say there is CCTV around. Hope you are okay. I wouldn’t hold out much hope with the Police, or even Deliveroo. Good luck.

duncancallum

Keep ordering deliveroo until he turns up then kick him in the bollocks.

But seriously not a lot else you can do apart from report it

xherbivorex
    Free Member

sadly no CCTV where it happened, no. it was almost right outside my work but our cameras don’t point out onto the road where the crossing is.

yeah, not badly hurt, just pretty wound up and adrenaline pumping like there’s no tomorrow!

i know deliveroo treats their riders badly, with pretty unreasonable expectations, but yeah, this lad was a prize bellend.

Phil_H

Deliveroo will probably claim he is a self employed contractor so not their responsibility.

Jakester
    Free Member

Deliveroo will probably claim he is a self employed contractor so not their responsibility.

Probably won’t get away with it though:

https://www.clydeco.com/insight/article/mohamud-v-wm-morrison-supermarkets-supreme-court-decision-on-vicarious-liab

colp

I really hope that when he squared up to you, you said “you want a pizza me?”

miketually
    Free Member

No useful advice, but hope that you’re okay.

cokie

Start ordering some Deliveroo around the same time as he ran into you.
    Wait until you meet your man and then discuss what happened..

greyspoke
    Free Member

It’s the brave new world of brand management. People acting like dicks whilst wearing your trademark on their backs is just fine :\

phaeton
    Free Member

Is it not common assault the Police should investigate if there are any in your area.

DezB
    Free Member

You forgot to use the word “cyclist” in your post! That’s how it would be reported.
    What bike was it? we can all poke sticks in the spokes of them until he get him.
    Jokin aside, what a shit.

taxi25
    Free Member

Well they aren’t responsible for his actions, but they will assist the police in identifying him, and will conduct their own investigation if the police don’t contact them. Keep in touch with them, they do take this sort of thing seriously.

philjunior
    Free Member

I’ve seen some fairly poor riding from deliveroo riders. Even Hitler doesn’t like them!

Hitler upset about Deliveroo

mashr

This isn’t anywhere near as good as when Kaesae got “assualted” by the Parcel Force guy 🙁

xherbivorex
    Free Member

to be honest he was considerably bigger than me so i’d rather not have any follow-up encounters if at all possible!

but yeah, bike- it was a b’twin hybrid. we just got my stepson a b’twin mtb for his 7th birthday last week so i’ll go home and set fire to it in retaliation.

jimdubleyou

i’ll go home and set fire to it in retaliation.

Set fire to the local Decathlon instead, that will stop any further issues.

kcr
    Free Member

I think it should be made law that if you find a Deliveroo rider riding illegally/idiotically you should be entitled to the contents of their bag.

Interesting idea. Presumably that rule would extend to all forms of transport and pedestrians?

Harry_the_Spider

Perhaps their bags should have numbers on them.

crymble

As a Deliveroo rider I would hope that they do respond to you, but be wary that they are unlikely to have all of our exact locations unless we are actually on a live job at the time (when not on a job I think our location is just polled at an interval.)

KC

crymble

Actually agree with this – as there are some really bad riders out there!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

progress- GMP are pursuing as a crime (assault), and Deliveroo have referred to their Serious Complaints Dept (whatever that is). so we’ll see.
    thing is, after a few hours, i don’t want him to lose his job or anything, just to realise and accept that he cannot behave so badly without facing consequences. i mean, he may have just had a shit morning and was at breaking point. we all have done at some time, and we’re all just trying to get by.

tdog
    Free Member

Let’s face it! It’s Manc – they’re all A holes 😜

pondo

Respectfully done. 🙂

duncancallum

**** that get him sacked

He’ll not give a single shit about this morning

breadcrumb

We all have bad days, doesn’t mean we get to assault people. Getting sacked might be a good wake up call.

twistedpencil

Don’t they can’t sack him as they don’t employ him 😉

They can be a right pain in the backside, generally riding the wrong way down the cycle lanes in Rusholme in an evening.

DezB
    Free Member

riding the wrong way down the cycle lanes in Rusholme in an evening.

The Ruffians.

csb

It’s delivery moped hell at the moment in Bristol. No idea why it’s become so popular but they’re cutting everyone up, using the cyclist box at lights, swinging uturns everywhere. Feels pretty scary as a cyclist tbh.

convert

thing is, after a few hours, i don’t want him to lose his job or anything, just to realise and accept that he cannot behave so badly without facing consequences. i mean, he may have just had a shit morning and was at breaking point. we all have done at some time, and we’re all just trying to get by.

I think you are over valuing the job. I got sacked for crap jobs in my yoof for way way less. It’s probably the wake up call he needs. Having said that it’s your word against his without witnesses and you could be some crank with an issue with Bianchi celeste blue.

cynic-al
    Free Member

he may have just had a shit morning and was at breaking point

There’s no excuse for assault!

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Having said that it’s your word against his without witnesses

i have 3 witnesses.

nick1962
    Free Member

There’s a few things he did wrong here.Seperating them out should help you feel better.First he ran a red light and collided with a pedestrian ,naughty and potentially very dangerous both for him and you but maybe a lapse of concentration , pressure of work,cavalier attitude etc could all be contributory factors and that perhaps deserves a wake up call/police/employer reprimand but not the end of the world.I’m pretty sure that if he’d stopped been v.apologetic and given you his details(and a free pizza) then you may well have left it at that.What he did next is on another level and far more serious imho.He intimidated you, then assaulted you and then tried to stop you gathering any evidence.That’s definitely a police matter.From a property perspective he could have smashed a”£1,000 fancy phone” but on a personal level that sort of behaviour can have a devastating effect on some people’s confidence.How would he have behaved if there were no witnesses around and you were more vulnerable or a solitary female late at night? He appears to have some anger managment issues that need tackling.

Marin
    Free Member

Don’t be nice he was a twerp and deserves to be sacked and get punched in the throat. Do not excuse people assaulting others because they fell it’s alright to do so.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

deserves to….. get punched in the throat.

Do not excuse people assaulting others because they fell it’s alright to do so

Is that real irony or Alanis irony? I can never keep it straight.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘assaulted by deliveroo rider’ is closed to new replies.